Flat Racing - 30/01/11

2:45 Kempton Mr Optimistic 3pt win - 5/2 (VC) I've had to take the early 5/2 about this horse. Won very nicely lto off a mark of 68 beating some decent types, and comes here off 71 effectively with the 7lb claimer on board, and must have an outstanding chance. Mandy's Hero wasn't overly impressive winning at long odds-on lto with the runner up rated 55 and the third now rated 57. At the weights Johnny Handcocks shouldn't reverse the form. Morermaloke won as he should at 1/4 lto, but faces better horses here at 5f and can't be backed at a short price. Welsh Inlet is another pretty well held on marks in the 60's and could be a little outclassed. At the weights Mr Optimistic should be shorter than 5/2 and should definitely be fav in my book. Hasn't been the Kempton yet but handles Lingfield well enough, so I'll take the chance.

Re: Flat Racing - 30/01/11 3:45 Kempton Spartic 1pt EW - 7/1 (Bet365) Couple of ones to avoid imo at the top of the market, none of them appeal at a short price. Spartic has mixed it with a few horses that've gone on to be rated pretty well in comparison to this race. Might get an easy lead too. Will have improvement left in him being so lightly raced and over 7f he has gone close in every race he's participated in. Took well to the Lingfield surface so should be alright here and has won going right handed at Beverley, so there are no doubts there. Should be around the 4/1 mark imo.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.