Flat Racing 26th Jan

4.25 Lingfield Good looking handicap, Lisahane Bog is a useful sort on the AW and did win over 7f at Kempton at end of last year but has shaped as if his current mark currently beyond him in last 2 runs although has won off 1lb higher mark, also probably better over 7f on the back of recent efforts. Charlie Smirke isnt the easiest to win with as he proved last winter with plenty of placed efforts on the AW but has never shaped as ungenuine he just needs things to fall right shaped as if in good form at the moment on last 2 starts over CD and was running on late last time out, well handicapped on last years form having won off a 3lb higher mark! Hardly ever runs a bad race over CD and is 2 from 7 round here. The other that interests me is Lockantanks who caught my eye last week running on behind the potentially well handicapped Advertisement over 7f round here and shaped as if a mile was desperatly need, gets that today and runs off same mark. 0.3pt win Charlie Smirke 0.1pt win Lockantanks 5.05 Kempton Northern Dare is probably worth taking on at a short price, he came out of the doldrums last time out ahead of Efistorm but he rather had everything given to him that day getting a soft lead very unlikely to get that today with other front runners in lineup in Cape Royal and Fromsong. A 6lb turn around makes Efistorm fairly attractive, 9lb lower on AW than when winning on turf in sumer and has shown plenty to suggest he can pick up a race soon and basically did best of the rest having given Northern Dare the race, runs off same mark today and not badly drawn. Sherjawy is no stranger to the winner circle, was a reguarlar on the AW last winter and won twice including off a 2lb higher mark. Returned to something like his best when behind a potentially unexposed sort who was fairly well supported, has a 25% strike rate around here 5 wins from 20 starts and a good pace guaranteed in this lineup to chase make him even more attractive back over 5f. 0.25pt win Efistorm 0.25pt win Sherjawy

Re: Flat Racing 26th Jan 14.25 Lingfield A bare 8 for this Class 6, 6f handicap and I'm taking Starwatch to land the spoils here. I'm happy this one is eased in grade as well as dropping a pound in the handicap, despite running pretty consistently. Contrary to opinion, I'm certain this horse doesn't fully get 7f so the drop back to 6 is in its favour. Is now back below last winning mark too. Last 3 runs have all been promising, and all at very big prices. Always interested in an owner trained horse that has more than 1 entry in the near future, indicating its readiness to strike. Not the most fashionable stable so we should get decent odds on this and I'll take it to come home in front tomorrow. Starwatch, 2pts EW @ SP 16.25 Lingfield Class 5, 1m handicap and again 8 line up. I'm taking Tuxedo from a stable in tip top form. New jockey today, hopefully that's the key for a horse in good form. Now down a further 1lb and is easing in grade but recent form isn't bad at all, 1-6-6-3-4-4. The trip is ideal and I'm not worried by the fact that it's best form is at Kempton. Mark & grade is enough for me but the stable's 3 winners from last 4 runners adds weight to the selection in a race where there's no stand out candidate. Tuxedo, 2pts EW @ SP

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.