Flat Racing: 22nd Jan 2011

RussP

Not been around much this week but fancy 2 today. 15.05 Lingfield This one feels a little bit like deja vu as we have quite a few who faced each other here last Saturday. Again, this looks like a nice race. I want to take on Arctic Lynx off this mark and with a 70 day absence to overcome, whilst both Waabel and Prize Point are dangerous but the likely battle for the lead might not suit. Danzoe looks a decent type but not sure whether it has the required improvement to take this whilst Pipers Piping will be a danger in a strongly run race but can be a bit in and out so isn't one to be taking a single figure price about, Chjimes for me is better in a grade lower. It leaves just the one and I'm sticking with last weeks selection, Tislaam. Was hammered in from 10's to 5's last week but disappointed in 4th, albeit still close up. Concern there was the 2 box where the horse got shuffled too far back early and when trying to make it's run, was on the unfavoured ground against the rail. Not just that but it seemed to pull too hard so this fast pace will be ideal, drawn much better in 7 too. All the comments from last week apply, has had poor draws but run with credit, very consistent, etc. Stands its racing well so the month absence before last weeks run may not have been ideal. Form when off for under 10 days reads 3-1-2-2. Last week was also first time under this jock as well as first time change of headgear, another plus is that the combination remains this week. The market move is starting so we'll get on now. Tislaam, 2.5pts EW @ 9/1 Victor Chandler BOG

Re: Flat Racing: 22nd Jan 2011 2nd bet for me. 15.40 Lingfield A 0-95 Class 3 handicap with just 8 runners but I really like the chances of one but I'll cover EW. Anne Of Kiev is the likely fav and, although it's the biggest threat to my selection, I'm concerned it didn't win lto when looking like a very progressive type. Up in grade today, I'm just not convinced. Perfect Act is off a difficult mark and that's enough to make me want to take it on, whilst Sioux Rising is sure to run his race but is struggling to get its head in front. May need to ease a couple of pounds first. Both Breathless Kiss and Vintage looks promising types but could just be out of their depth so I'm going with the top one, Five Star Junior. The class horse of the race and much better than form figures suggest, this presents an ideal opportunity to win its first race in 9 starts. Ignore its last run when the muddling pace put paid to its chances but its previous run, over C&D, when 3rd to Edinburgh Knight in a red hot Class 2 is solid form. The drop to this grade is ideal and, looking back at its handicap form, backs that up. Form is Class 2 or above handicaps reads 2-3-4-4-7-4-8-5-0-6-0-0-3, whilst handicap form in Class 3 or below is a much more impressive 2-3-1-1-1-4-1-2-2-1-3. For me, this race splits into 2...those operating at a lower level trying their hand in the next grade up and Five Star Junior, a classy type presented with an ideal opportunity. With almost money back if it is edged out for the win, I just think this a superb EW bet to nothing. Five Star Junior, 3pts EW @ 4/1 Coral BOG

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.