BBOTD - 22/1/11

3:15 Haydock Frankie Figg 0.5pt EW - 18/1 (VC) Surprised at the price here. Frankie Figg won pretty convincingly last time out at Aintree, making all to win by 5 lengths. Has only been raised 6lbs for that effort and could prove capable of bettering it. Has won over further than three miles once before, although that was a novice chase with a distinct lack of depth, his efforts since then have pointed to the horse favouring a trip like this. Soft ground is a bonus and he gets a nice weight of 10-9. Is a solid jumper, too bold at times but is up there with the best in that department. Johnson's stable are running pretty consistently at the moment and Hughes maintains his partnership with the horse here.

Re: BBOTD - 22/1/11 4:15 Ling - Mister Frosty The 5yo won here over the distance 8 days ago in a maiden after having some terrible luck in handicaps. However, I feel this time he can put it right. There are two other CD winners in Bariolo and Mush Mir. My selection finished the race in a quicker time than Bariolo's, while Mush Mir won when first fitted with blinkers in a 3yo race and has since raced in the same headgear, coming nowhere. Mr Frosty has finished in the placings numerous times although I feel his recent win will spur him on to more victories. George Baker is retained as jockey and was even the winning jock in the Bariolo run. Finally, Mister Frosty drops 6lbs of weight this time out, which can only been seen as an advantage. Win @ sp

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.