Betfair question

Depboy

Can anyone explain to me why in any given market there is always a discrepancy between the full market odds on my computer and the full market odds on my phone? The phone always seems to pretty much tally with the ladders in the graph pop-up screens. I have noticed that there's a disclaimer under the graph saying that info may be time delayed in the pop-ups. However, whenever I place an unmatched bet it always appears instantly on the the pop-up (and my phone). Generally the phone/pop-up always shows less money in the market than the full market odds on the computer. Which one should I trust?

Re: Betfair question Neither, they are both delayed by an unknown period of time. I suspect that the delay is bigger with busy markets and it certainly also depends on how busy things are in general. I.e. saturday will be most unreliable. Your own price that you see popping up is probably in a quiite market as in the busy markets it will just merge with the rest of the bets and you can't actually see it. The only reliable data is when you use the API to directly extract it as then you can have some measure of whatever delay is going on. You should make a comparison with some trading tools like "the geeks toy" , just google it. They use the API direct and should give the most reliable view.

Re: Betfair question I find it really hard to believe that it's down to time delay because the discrepancies are always there and they're really obvious in quiet markets. Also, when there is a discrepancy the amount of money on Betfair Mobile is always lower. The reason I'm asking is because from time to time at the weekend I don't have access to my laptop and so have to rely on Betfair Mobile. My concern is that I'm not able to see all of the money in the market on my mobile. :wall