Flat Racing 20/01/2011

2.50 Lingfield - Wilfred Pickles - 15/2 VC Still a maiden after 17 starts and not the most genuine but his run last time out was very impressive and if produced very late here he could take this. Made his all weather debut last time out he really seemed to appreciate the surface, travelling very sweetly. Still cruising after the home bend he quickened down the rail to hit the front before labouring in front, got headed but was still a comfortable 2nd. The way he travelled last time out and what the horse that beat him (Final Drive) has achieved since suggests to me that he's very capable off this mark. A lot of dangers here so just medium stakes from me. 7.20 Wolverhampton - Farleigh House -14/1 WH This one looks a massive price to me after looking progressive last year before going jumping. Won over course and distance in December 09 off a mark of 79 a tad cosily before going a close 2nd off a furlong less next time out. This looks his best trip and all his best form has been at Wolverhampton. Returned to the all weather at Lingfield over 10f where he stayed on into 4th, 4 lengths behind a progressive looking Dark Promise, not really a race where being held up suited also. Upped to 12f next time out for the first time, didnt really seem to get the trip that day and returns to his ideal conditions here today. Trained by Neil King who does well with his small string of flat runners and George Baker booking is a positive one, only coming up to Wolverhampton for 2 rides. Mongoose Alert feared most and will save on that one.

Re: Flat Racing 20/01/2011 The Three Kings £40 win treble :tongue2 2.50 Lingfield Kings Colour Very tough race with lots in with a chance. Miami Gator will probably lead and there will be plenty finishing fast at the business end. Hopefully my selection will be one of them. Ran a good race last time out over 7f where he took his time to pick up but finished very strongly. Think the step up in trip will suit. Has won over CD so must have a chance in what is an open race. 6.20 Wolverhampton Kingscroft This horse ran a decent race against a horse I really like in palm pilot last time out. That was in a handicap over 7f where he just seemed to weaken in the final furlong. I am hoping the combination of a drip in trip and a return to maiden company will see this one win its first race. Johnson has started to hit form now and this one has a good draw in 2 to try and lead all the way. 4.25 Meydan Kingsfort Really fancy Godolphin to have a good day today. Will be backing a few of their runners but thought I would put this one in the treble for obvious reasons. Won a group 1 race as a 2 year old beating some very classy horses. Only defeat came after a year off the track but then followed that up with a listed win over a mile. This is a very competitive race and the de kock horse will be a very tough opponent. I just think this horse has the class to take this. Godolphin love having winners here and I think this will be one of many over the coming weeks. This will be the fastest ground the horse will have encountered but I expect him to handle it. Think Aspectoflove has a big chance in the group 2 at 5.45. Could even be an each way price with deem in the race. Although I would back it just to win as I think Deem might just need the race and could be too short for him. Although he has beaten Aspectoflove over this distance before, he only just got up in the final strides. I expect the godolphin horse to reverse the form with that one here. Also looking forward to seeing simon de montfort. thought he was impressive in his last race winning at longchamp in a group 3. Fallon booked for the ride. Horse has been off for a while but I could easily see Godolphin filling the first 3 places in this race.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.