Aldric's HU Challenge.

aldric

Starting with a mere $40 I will be playing the $2.20 HU games on stars with the aim to move up the levels in a sensible manner. I have played a lot of heads up games in the past and have played sensibly and done well, however then decided to play $100 games etc (on betfair) and it all went horribly wrong. I will only move up to the next level if I have a minimum of 30 buyins and to start with I will only be playing a max of 2 tables. I haven't been the best at sticking to challenges in the Poker Forum, however I am going to give this one a real go :ok As you can see my total profit on star's isn't the best and the super tilt is due to playing a lot of 180 games.... so lets see if I can improve these stats.

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
aldricon 596$0 $3 -10%-$166 Super Tilt51PokerStars

Re: Aldric's HU Challenge. Good luck :ok

I will only move up to the next level if I have a minimum of 30 buyins and to start with I will only be playing a max of 2 tables.
I'm of the view that it's every bit as important to set rules on when you move down as well. If you get to 31 buy ins, and lose your first game leaving you on 29 buy ins, will you move down again?

Re: Aldric's HU Challenge. Thanks guys :ok:ok

I'm of the view that it's every bit as important to set rules on when you move down as well. If you get to 31 buy ins' date=' and lose your first game leaving you on 29 buy ins, will you move down again?[/quote'] I agree, that is what I planned to do. Unfortuantely things aren't going too well today and I have stopped for the day due to feeling incredible frustration with the game. This has to be one of the most frustrating forms of poker. Balance is down to $25.70 :wall

Re: Aldric's HU Challenge.

If you want a good read on the subject, i recommend "Heads-up no-limit holdem" by Moshman. That guy knows his stuff and i guarantee you will be a better HU player after reading it. :ok
I tried buying the book on ebay last week but got outbid :sad The only thing stopping me buying it at full price is a fear that it will be based on tournament/short stack heads up play rather than deep stacked cash play which is what I'm interested in. I take it you've read the book? Which aspect does it focus on? (sorry aldric for asking this in your thread :$)

Re: Aldric's HU Challenge.

I tried buying the book on ebay last week but got outbid :sad The only thing stopping me buying it at full price is a fear that it will be based on tournament/short stack heads up play rather than deep stacked cash play which is what I'm interested in. I take it you've read the book? Which aspect does it focus on? (sorry aldric for asking this in your thread :$)
Yes i bought the book and read it. It clearly focus on HU sitngo's, although some of the theory applies to CG aswell. For CG, i suppose there are better sources of info though

Re: Aldric's HU Challenge. Well, that this challenge over... I got fed up with my bad play, other peoples questionable play and a lot of tough beats... Got down to $15 and tried a $11.50 which I lost on a flush draw. I really struggle with poker challenges for some reason, I guess I will sulk off to the glory hunters section again :lol