Power Ratings

Hi folks, Taking on board what everyone has been telling me for the last few weeks regarding my system ideas not being in depth enough, I decided to purchase Paul Steele's Profitable Football Betting. I have to admit, it's a great read (if you happen to be a stats/programming geek like me!) and has given me some great ideas. I particularly like the ideas he has had around giving teams ratings. Having looked on PL, and from having read the responses to my previous threads, I'm going to guess and say there are mixed views as to how successful a system this is? Obviously the authors point is to use this as one of a few tools, but what do you all think? Worthwhile pursuing? What are your experiences with it? Regardless of how successful it is, I quite enjoyed automating the whole thing in Excel/Access so for me that's reward enough (please refer back to the part about stats/programming geek for my rationale behind that statement!). Cheers, Andy