Wed 3.20 : sportingbet.com Queen Mother Champion Steeple Chase

Re: Wed 3.20 : sportingbet.com Queen Mother Champion Steeple Chase I've got to go for Master Minded to reverse the form this year. Whilst it may never re-produce the form it did slaying Voy Por a few years ago, which is one of the most devastating chase performances I've ever seen (let alone over 2miles), I can't see Big Zeb having the legs/lungs to win this time round. Big Zeb looks a better jumper the more I see him but I just think he lacks that star quality which will be required to beat MM this time. On his jumping though, he's another I saw race at Leopardstown over Christmas. Whilst it beat Golden Silver by more than it did at Navan, the fact that BZ's jumping wasn't put under any pressure in a slow run race over the first 12f may not make it ideal form to draw any conclusions from. Big Zeb was chased home last year by the pernennial bridesmaid (forpady) and Kalahari King a decent enough horse which Ferdy Murphy got just so for the race last year. KK is 25's (now 10y-o) and FPP is 12's (9 y-o) which says a lot about the worth of the form in last year's race. MM was back in fourth. In my view that race was a freak after the season MM had had and whilst I expect Big Zeb to get an OR at least equal to what he put in last year, I can't see it being enough. Straight forecast bet for me MM-BZ; again boring I know, although I was readily expecting MM to be odds on by now. I did have Golden Silver in a few lines of my TTF selections but just don't think it's got the quality to beat those two. However I can again see it getting closer to BZ, which means it won't be far away from a place. Woolcombe Folly doesn't seem to have beaten much (12th of 24 in Sizing Europe's Arkle) and I doubt it'll be that progressive. Somersby has flattered to deceive it. I just don't seem to be able to warm to Sizing Europe; it's probably got something to do with it emptying in the CH all those years ago and costing me a decent treble that day. It's the only other horse I can realistically see getting in among the three I've focused on, but can you see it beating both MM and BZ?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.