Stick to what you know!

Aykay1

Apologies in advance, as an element of aftertiming is necessary to introduce this thread, in that I have been predicting the outcome of Arsenal’s games this season, with rather more success than I anticipated. As some examples: - I have predicted the outcome of all of Arsenal’s last 4 games (Man Utd, Chelsea, Wigan, Birmingham) - I layed them at 1.2 when leading Wigan 2-1 the other day. I also layed us whilst leading vs Spurs at something like 1.1 having seen us throw away countless leads over the last two seasons. - I layed us at odds on vs Braga and Shakhtar away at home in the CL - I backed the 3-2 scoreline for both teams vs Spu*s with the opinion that both sides are good going forward but cant defend. - I backed us to win at WHL in the Carling Cup - I have had success twice this season backing Alex Song to score the first goal, having noted that his role this season is less defensive than last season. Prices of 85.0 and 55.0 were secured on betfair, for small stakes. It has prompted my brother to ask me why I mess around backing teams I don’t watch very often when I am in a much better position betting on Arsenal games due to watching every single game they play, reading interviews, blogs etc. I know the players, I know the teams strengths and weaknesses, and I like to think I am pretty impartial. Therefore, this thread will focus solely on all things Arsenal. There is a possibility I will use some insider knowledge from some of my work colleagues, who support an array of sides. We have season ticket holders at Blackburn, Villa, Sp*rs, West Ham and Forest amongst others! I respect their opinions on their respective teams (apart from the Spu*s fan – he’s a d!ck) and will use their views where I feel appropriate.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Stick to what you know! So here we go with Arsenal v Man City Up until Arsenal’s recent victory over Chelsea, their record against the top sides hadn’t been great. Whilst that victory came as a result of a top performance and will remove any mental block that may have been present, it was vs a Chelsea team who haven’t been at the top of their game over recent weeks. City on the other hand have had a great Xmas and New Year, winning 9 points out of 9. Arsenal have been in good form too but City are a big team with a physical midfield and defence. Whilst Arsenal seem to be able to cope with this type of side better this season, it is historically the type of team they have struggled against. Half the goals we have conceded this season have come from set pieces and City, with their size will be a danger here. I was tempted by the 5.1 about Man City winning but I think the loss of David Silva is a big one so I think a lay of Arsenal at odds-on is the call. Arsenal, notoriously inconsistent, look too short a price. 10 pts liability - LAY ARSENAL @ 1.8 (£21,239 available to lay on betfair)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.