** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Rodney Farrent to be assistant trainer to Hans Adielsson

A former champion trainer in his native Sweden, Hans Adielsson has moved to England where he takes on challenges from his new base near Lambourn. Hans Adielsson, 67 – champion trainer of thoroughbreds several times over in Sweden, where he has also been training trotters for twenty-plus years – made some interesting observations as we met him at the Tattersalls Sales in Newmarket in October, where he invested in 14 yearlings for his new base in near Lambourn. “It has been written in Sweden that my move to England is to become Erik Penser’s private trainer,” Adielsson explains, “but that is not quite correct. I will be training a number of horses for Mr. Penser, who persuaded me to make this move, but I take up this new challenge as a public trainer – and will be introducing some new faces to this country on the owner’s side. That said, I would never have made this move without Mr. Penser’s backing.” Penser tried to talk his fellow countryman across the North Sea more than ten years ago, but that was not good timing for Adielsson. “We were absolutely flying with our trotters,” he reflects, “and my son Erik’s career as a driver was also beginning to take off. I simply had to stay where I was.” Adielsson switched to trotting from thoroughbreds in 1988, at the request of his principal backer, Mr. Lars Thulin, who was racing his highly successful horses under the banner Superbus AB. “Thulin felt that the racing circuit was too small – not growing as he would have liked it to – and we decided to close down the thoroughbred operation and make the switch,” Adielsson recalls. Based at Jägersro Galopp outside Malmöe in the south of Sweden, he had been champion trainer so many times it was almost boring to read the end of season standings, and clearly the man needed a fresh challenge. Information you may or may not need to know.:ok