Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Franklin Templeton Shootout

RussP

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2011 - Hyundai Tournament of Champions Taking 2 here. A word of warning to all those Ogilvy backers, he ain't certain to play. He's cut his finger, withdrawn from the pro-am and rumours suggest he may tee off and then retire:ok E.Els to win Hyundai ToC 1pt EW @ 10/1 Betfred (1/4 odds 1-4) Massive chance for the Big Easy here. Firstly, he's in superb form winning the SA Open when last seen back in December. Won't be rusty at all and that will surely be a big advantage and coupled with the fact he's in top form, he's a must bet. Looked hot with the putter back in South Africa and that's another bonus here where you need to score well to feature. Add to that his excellent record here; he's won once, runner up once and a couple of 3rd's in his 8 starts. If his main market rival Ogilvy is unfit, then the 10's looks a great price especially as the next few in the betting haven't played a whole lot of golf recently. Z.Johnson to win Hyundai ToC 0.75pts EW @ 33/1 SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-4) My longer priced selection here is Zach Johnson, a player I really rate. Had a 6th place finish here a couple of years ago and has plenty of course experience. Isn't the longest hitter in the world but he is straight. The fairways are reasonably wide here but you can hit trouble so his accuracy is a bonus and he's still long enough to reach those par 5's. The thing that attracts me to Zach here is his excellent putting last year on Tour. He was ranked 6th for putting and if he can bring his form with the short stick here, he's got a top chance. He finished last season off very well with top 15 finishes in each of the last 4 events and at 33's, I'll take a chance on him continuing in a similar vein.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.