Get one up on the neighbours

jtw1

Another of these ideas that has been swirling about in the brain-box for years so lets see if there's any substance . Only rules are that the 2 sides playing must be lying side-by-side in their league table and the selection will be the home team. Reasoning is that the home side will raise their game when playing a side who are just above or below them and to lose will place that side in front or further in front of them [ basically a mentality thing :tongue2] A paper trail until the end of the season [:hope] and will concentrate on the English Prem to L2 , Serie A , Spanish Primera ,Bundesliga and French 1st Div . One advantage is that the majority of the odds will be 2.0 or better so as long as the wins outnumber the losses a profit should be shown . Mon - 3rd Jan --------------- *CRYSTAL PALACE [23rd] v preston * [24th] 3pts difference , odds - 2.0 PORTSMOUTH [15th] v hull [16th] 0 pts diff , odds - 2.0 STOCKPORT [20th] v morecambe *[21st] 2pts diff , odds - 2.3 Tues - 4th Jan --------------- *CARDIFF [5th] v LEEDS #[4th] 1pt diff , odds - 2.1 * signifies a side who , according to Statto.com , are on a downward trend . # siginifies a side who are on an upward trend .

Re: Get one up on the neighbours Well done with the tables Matthew :clap Unfortunately it doesn't make good reading as far as this 'system' is concerned . Basically unless it's exceptionally strong Home or Away sides there's not a lot of optimism ahead ...:\ However i'll cling onto the fact that the figures are between 1 and 3 positions in the table and we'll see how it goes after a few weeks , it's only a paper trail after all .

Re: Get one up on the neighbours Oh no. It wasn't my intention to stiffle your creativity. I had a spare two mins and knew I could give you a lot of info with very little effort. I didn't know what the answer would be when I ran the query. I'm a huge fan of backtesting and making sure that each and every bead of sweat we exert is done so seeking a true edge over the bookies. There are too many threads of finding a selection criteria and then assuming that if you find future matches that match that criteria at odds greater than the strike rate their "system" requires, profit is a certainty. It is simply untrue. You need a view of historic odds to fully understand the true worth of a "system". For what it is worth, when a single league pos difference is observed: Overall Results

RETURNS STRIKE RATEYIELD
HWDRAWNO BETSHWDRAWHWDRAW
OVERALL-£105.35-£94.91-£141.941,791 44.44%28.25%27.30%-5.88%-5.30%-7.93%

Re: Get one up on the neighbours

Oh no. It wasn't my intention to stiffle your creativity. I had a spare two mins and knew I could give you a lot of info with very little effort. I didn't know what the answer would be when I ran the query. I'm a huge fan of backtesting and making sure that each and every bead of sweat we exert is done so seeking a true edge over the bookies. There are too many threads of finding a selection criteria and then assuming that if you find future matches that match that criteria at odds greater than the strike rate their "system" requires, profit is a certainty. It is simply untrue. You need a view of historic odds to fully understand the true worth of a "system". For what it is worth, when a single league pos difference is observed: Overall Results
RETURNS STRIKE RATEYIELD
HWDRAWNO BETSHWDRAWHWDRAW
OVERALL-£105.35-£94.91-£141.941,791 44.44%28.25%27.30%-5.88%-5.30%-7.93%
Not a problem Matthew , no creativity was stifled i can assure you ;) I'd rather someone took the time to backtest, if they have the tools to do so , than spend a good few months painstakingly discovering that a 'system' is a failure . Cheers again mate :ok