2011 Stars/888 was cash now STT challenge.

staffy

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge (now 888poker) Well after buying into a tourny the other night it left me with around $100 in my account, probably slightly more but makes the maths easier. I think I have found 888 a lot softer than stars so far. I am paying the 5c/10c games and neet to get to $200 to move up to next level. I am now up to $130 so its going well. I have seen some crazy play and some amazing calls. All going in my favour so far.

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge (now 888poker)

My confidence has completely gone. Seriously starting to lose faith.
You seemed to be much more disciplined at the start of this challenge, it seems from the outside that you are starting to get a bit bored - trying HU with your entire BR, changing sites and playing tourneys. You are still doing well, perhaps you just need a few days off to refocus :ok

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge Ok about time I got back to what this thread was about and start to play sensible poker again. I have $46.14 in stars I have 2814 FPP's woth $25.00 I have 122 out of 750 stellar points. All this means I will get back to playing on stars. Will play 2c/5c tables 9 handed.

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge Hold it together , I know what its like to get bored and frustrated grinding out the micro's but I for one feel much worse when lose half my bankroll and just hit a downer which doesn't help turn things around. Last time I played HU on stars had half my roll was up $15 on the table and flopped 2nd set on a J , 10 , 2 board with 2 clubs or something we get it all in I expect to have to fade KQ of clubs or something at worst but of course he hit the top set of jacks. I was outplaying the guy but variance is even more a killer at HU only advisable when rolled to take a shot. That said good luck on the 2c/5c tables might join you at the tables sometime soon after completed my MTT stake

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge

Hold it together , I know what its like to get bored and frustrated grinding out the micro's but I for one feel much worse when lose half my bankroll and just hit a downer which doesn't help turn things around. Last time I played HU on stars had half my roll was up $15 on the table and flopped 2nd set on a J , 10 , 2 board with 2 clubs or something we get it all in I expect to have to fade KQ of clubs or something at worst but of course he hit the top set of jacks. I was outplaying the guy but variance is even more a killer at HU only advisable when rolled to take a shot. That said good luck on the 2c/5c tables might join you at the tables sometime soon after completed my MTT stake
Thanks Dan :ok

Ok about time I got back to what this thread was about and start to play sensible poker again. I have $46.14 in stars I have 2814 FPP's woth $25.00 I have 122 out of 750 stellar points. All this means I will get back to playing on stars. Will play 2c/5c tables 9 handed.
Good to see you getting back on track :ok Why not cash in your FPP's for an instant backroll boost which will probably make you feel a wee bit better :)

Good to see you getting back on track :ok Why not cash in your FPP's for an instant backroll boost which will probably make you feel a wee bit better :)
The FPP's are there for back up and I want a new car :loon

I think the biggest problem is my bankroll. If I lose a buy in or win a buy in it just looks like a massive swing when in the grand scheme of things its not.
I know you now seem to be back on track, but if you did want to have a go at some HU cash games then betfair have them as low as .02c/04c. I am not sure what the rake is tbh.

when you next on the stars table? Im looking to improve my cash game and on stars im only winning upto 5c level. PTR rates me 19 and ice cold right now
Sorry Dan only just seen this. Just played a session and lost quite a bit. I should be playing later around 8ish.

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge 2nd session played. 124 minutes 155 hands $6.31 down. Most of that was after a few hands. I joined a very loose table lots of big raises. My 77 ran into KK. Sods law. In Summary $1.61 down now after 283 hands. Hope to play some more later.

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge You just single tabling? I played 2 tables of 5NL for like 213 hands last night and lost one big pot AQ to AK with trips apart from that was quite a straight forward picking up small pots. For $3.97 profit. might join you later if possible

You just single tabling? I played 2 tables of 5NL for like 213 hands last night and lost one big pot AQ to AK with trips apart from that was quite a straight forward picking up small pots. For $3.97 profit. might join you later if possible
I normally play 4 tables but just started using a HUD so playing 1 table to try and study my oposition a bit more.

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge I quite often play 4 tables at these limits but I'm back down to 2 to improve my game 1 is just to slow and not worth time. How you finding the HUD I personally didnt like it on the screen felt weird so turned it off, I didn't really give it a proper chance though do you think its going to improve your results at these limits? Guessing maybe need bit more time with it to give a full answer.

I quite often play 4 tables at these limits but I'm back down to 2 to improve my game 1 is just to slow and not worth time. How you finding the HUD I personally didnt like it on the screen felt weird so turned it off, I didn't really give it a proper chance though do you think its going to improve your results at these limits? Guessing maybe need bit more time with it to give a full answer.
I need to wait before I comment on the HUD mate. Time will tell I guess.

I joined a very loose table lots of big raises. My 77 ran into KK. Sods law.
That sounds to me like you ended up all in pre flop? Want to post the hand? What I'm thinking is that maybe you overplayed 77 (for a deep stacked cash game), even for a loose table. If you're short stacked, then all in with 77 isnt a problem, if you're deep stacked, on a new table, I imagine it is. If my maths is right, and if you were against 9 opponents, then it's about 27% that someone will have an overpair to your sevens. Not exactly a long shot. If you're lucky and they havent got an overpair, then for each opponent you face, if they had totally random cards, it's about 29% that they have 2 (unpaired) overcards and you're flipping. Sure, against really bad opponents, they may have an underpair - but there are only 4 underpairs (22, 33, 44 or 55) and 7 overpairs (88,99,TT,JJ,QQ,KK,AA) - so if you're up against a pair, it's almost twice as likely that it is an overpair to an underpair (and even more likely to be an overpair if you add in higher fold equity you have against 22,33,44 and 55). From the very limited information you've given, I think you should look into that hand a bit more.
I need to wait before I comment on the HUD mate. Time will tell I guess.
If you're struggling with the HUD, then I suggest starting with just the most basic information and then slowly expand it as you get used to it. Something like Alias, Hands, VPIP and PFR for starters. Remember, the benefit of this type of software is not just for the HUD, but also for the analysis of your overall stats and sessions and for finding the leaks in your game.

Re: 2011 Stars cash challenge Its a shocking call on reflection but I'll learn from it. PokerStars Game #60050470620: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05 USD) - 2011/03/30 13:16:59 WET [2011/03/30 8:16:59 ET] Table 'Idaios' 9-max Seat #9 is the button Seat 1: jancoo86 ($4 in chips) Seat 3: 0blongata ($5 in chips) Seat 4: d13mon ($4.95 in chips) Seat 5: Rodinka777 ($4.93 in chips) Seat 7: staffyPL ($4.85 in chips) Seat 8: Gillray ($5 in chips) Seat 9: saltpinch ($1.86 in chips) jancoo86: posts small blind $0.02 Saklasss: is sitting out 0blongata: posts big blind $0.05 Fugrum: sits out *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to staffyPL [7d 7c] d13mon: raises $0.15 to $0.20 Rodinka777: folds Saklasss leaves the table staffyPL: calls $0.20 Gillray: folds saltpinch: folds jancoo86: folds 0blongata: folds *** FLOP *** [4d 2c 6h] bonecrush203 joins the table at seat #2 d13mon: bets $0.30 staffyPL: raises $0.50 to $0.80 d13mon: raises $3.95 to $4.75 and is all-in staffyPL: calls $3.85 and is all-in Uncalled bet ($0.10) returned to d13mon *** TURN *** [4d 2c 6h] [Ah] *** RIVER *** [4d 2c 6h Ah] [8h] *** SHOW DOWN *** d13mon: shows [Kd Kh] (a pair of Kings) staffyPL: mucks hand d13mon collected $9.29 from pot *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $9.77 | Rake $0.48 Board [4d 2c 6h Ah 8h] Seat 1: jancoo86 (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 3: 0blongata (big blind) folded before Flop Seat 4: d13mon showed [Kd Kh] and won ($9.29) with a pair of Kings Seat 5: Rodinka777 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: staffyPL mucked [7d 7c] Seat 8: Gillray folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 9: saltpinch (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

My 77 ran into KK. Sods law.
Its a shocking call on reflection but I'll learn from it.
That's the spirit I was hoping you'd respond with :ok When you play a big hand (win or lose), you can take two approaches: - You can get worked up, curse your luck (whether you were unlucky or not) and keep doing the same thing in that situation every time it arises or - You can ignore the outcome of the hand, ignore your luck whether it be good or bad, and look objectively at the hand and work out what (if anything) you could have done better in the situation and what you will do next time you find yourself in a similar situation. Those in the first category will never improve. Those in the second category are those who will keep pace with the game and get better. So you've said you'll learn from that hand - how would you play it if you faced the same hand again? (not trying to put you on the spot - I want to understand what you've understood from reviewing that hand) Also, I struggle to beat these games (Full Ring Cash at any stakes), so definitely dont accept what I say as gospel!