Jumps Racing 1st Jan 2011

bowles10

Re: Jumps Racing 1st Jan 2011

I've had a quick look and have 3 for tomorrow, putting them on tonight as I don't expect to be around tomorrow. I've been expecting better from Knockara Beau (2.35pm) for a while, but have seen signs of him coming good lately, especially LTO at course against the brilliant Midnight Chase, and feel he's about right, as Bowlesy says above, conditions seem right too, I'm not convinced he's a 3m+ one at present. Can't help but go back to Reve De Sivola (2.00) again too, especially after the last one, been following all of Nick Williams for a while now and still anticipating continued improvement from Reve. Last one for me on Saturday is Salden Licht at Exeter (2.15), I've been following Salden since the November Handicap a couple of years ago, still rate him and expecting improvement over timber. Alan King's have certainly improved generally this year, though I have trouble figuring out where and when. Lastly, though I won't be backing him, wouldn't Blazing Bailey be absolutely chucked in off 133 in the 130pm race? He was winning championship races off of 30lbs higher just a few years ago and at 9y/o tomorrow, he's hardly past it if they've figured out the key to him. Chartreux is interesting in the 3.10 at Cheltenham. The pick of all the Pipe horses by Scu, he showed promise last year before a bit of a disappointment at the Festival. If fulfilling his earlier promise.... Good luck everyone, hope you all have a very happy and prosperous new year!
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry today, but when I saw Blazing Bailey romp home, I thought it was my turn to win the scoop6 today, where could it all go wrong? Well, Reve kind burst that bubble with a below par run, I'm wondering if he'll be the next one that needs a longer break between races - or have I over estimated him? Salden Licht looked sweet, but I'm kicking myself for bumming up Knockara Beau. More jumping errors today seem to keep him down, I give up on that one, seems to be a recurring theme. I let myself be swayed a bit by an article earlier in the week, even worse that I really like Tartak and particularly Paddy Brennan. Chartreux looked good turning for home, but I did not think Ashkazar still had it.