How's 2010 been for you?

As the year draws to a close, is there anything that you've done differently from previous years that have brought you more success? On the flip side, is there anything new you plan on doing in 2011? For me it's been a great learning curve. It's my first full year where I've not relied on tipsters' opinions as I now have a better understanding of the sport. This shows not only in my personal strike rate, but also as I rarely bet on other sports. I also don't feel I'm a beginner anymore :) I've ran a couple of semi methodical systems in 2010 and I'm hoping that with the smallest of tweakings they will acheive greater returns in 2011. My personal bets mainly focus on handicaps at the moment, so in 2011 I'll be looking at getting into maiden races.

Re: How's 2010 been for you? My first proper flat season, took it fairly seriously and recorded all my bets for the first time. Lack of discipline still holding me back and need to focus on soley backing fully researched bets. Gave me confidence though that i can make a profit though, had far more success than on the football.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.