System Advice

Hi there, I've had a lot of cracking advice over the last few days from people on here regarding betting systems. A lot of the advice has been sound and what I have learned is that there isn't any simple or sure fire way to design a system and many factors have to be taken into consideration to make the system as accurate as possible. For example, someone on here said that there is a MASSIVE difference between "Team" data. I was looking at names on a spreadsheet, and not taking into consideration the "Team" in the sense of who was playing. (For example, the Man Utd "Team" for the Champions League final would be different in many ways to the Man Utd team playing Oxford in the League Cup). So with that in mind I want to try and teach myself a little about factors for systems. I have the fantastic data source from www.football-data.co.uk and using that I want to start small by analysing previous results. Here is what I was thinking. Kilmarnock vrs Hearts Last 6 games Kilmarnock results in the last 6 games Hearts results in the last 6 games Kilmarnock results in the last 6 home games Hearts results in the last 6 away games Current Season Kilmarnock results this season Hearts results this season Kilmarnock results in this seasons home games Hearts results in this seasons away games Last 5 years Kilmarnock results Hearts results Kilmarnock results in home games Hearts results in away games Head to Head results between Kilmarnock vrs Hearts in the last 6 meetings results between Kilmarnock vrs Hearts in the last 5 years Now I know this is all basic calculations and might not turn up anything massively helpful but I want to get a feel for doing this. Can anyone suggest changes to what I have listed? Can you list these in order of importance? Any amendments in general. Like I said, I am only learning and still finding my feet so any form of help would be very much appreciated. Kind regards, Andy

Re: System Advice Andrew, I've been reading your recent treads and the questions you are asking they all are valid and sound. But I've got a feeling that you somehow missing to raise and ask one main question for yourself: what exactly are you trying to dig from all this data?. Are you trying to find probabilities (chanses) of certain event to happen (Team A win %) or are you trying to identify certain patterns indicating that some outcome might be a "winner"? I think this is important to answer these questions in the beginning otherwise it is possible to manipulate all this data in a million of different ways with no substantial results.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.