Class 6 or Group 1?

RussP

One thing that confuses me massively is the study bias that seems to go into Group 1 / Grade 1 races as opposed to Class 6 races, even when the stakes are the same! For example, we'll start talking about Cheltenham now and the King George discussions have been going on for a week or 2. That's all well & good if stakes are significantly raised for these races / meetings but quite often I see a 3pt win bet on Kauto or whoever, but then I'll also see that same 3pt stake on a Class 3/4/5/6 race at Lingfield. So, is your study time proportionate to the size of your bet or is it relative to the stature of the race or meeting? If it's not the first, I'd be very interested to hear your reasons.

Re: Class 6 or Group 1? These past couple of long winter freezes, it's natural to focus on the big races, but i'm with you russ that it's important to study any race long and hard. The thing with the king george and championship races is that we know the general targets all year long so natural to speculate much earlier.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.