NFL week 14

After last weeks 0-3 and I'm now 15-14 on the year to date with one loser outstanding (Vikings to win the Superbowl... which was a bet to lay off at shorter odds... oops!). Means I'm -3.33% yield. Just as warning, really. Still, can't believe the Falcons struggled and the Lions didn't. This week: Seahawks @ Vikings, Vikings -6 Perhaps I should avoid the Vikings over the spread after last week, but I still think they have some decent fundamentals in their team, and Seahawks are a loony-bin team who can't seem to string anything together. If this was -7.5 I'd avoid, but this line seems a shade to low. 49ers @ Arizona, Cardinals -6.5 This is a home fixture, and the Cards are pretty good at home (3-2) while the 49ers are awful (and especially on the road at 0-6). The question is can the Cardinals cover the spread? The under the points at 37 could be a better bet? I dunno, I'm not so good at the points totals. The 49ers only win was a narrow victory in the return match earlier season though. Maybe I should stay away. Buccaneers @ Chargers, Chargers -5.5 Surely the Buccs can't upset me two weeks in a row? San Diego had a good test at the weekend, and were found just about ready. I don't see what the Buccs can do to push them harder than the Broncos, so that spread (two field goals) looks good to me right now, but needs some thought. Lions @ Packers, Packers -9.5 My lovely lions were blown out 10-38 in the return fixture, and 9-41 by an even better passing team (Colts) with a dodgy defence. All they've really got is an emerging Running Back Kevin Jones. He might be able to keep something going on the Lions Offense, but I can't seem Harrington doing enough to keep Favre of the field and throwing through the Lions all day to rack up a big win they need to stay in the play off hunt. This line is possibly lower than it should be after DET won versus Arizona and the Pack lost to the superior Eagles. Not placed any of these yet, mind but thought looking down the spreads this week.

Re: NFL week 14 I agree with you on the Arizona game, McCown is back in for the game, I still don't know why he hasn't been playing but he's back now, and SF just don't look like they can buy a game. The only problem I have is that SF's only win is against Arizona but SF were 16 point down with 5 minutes left and won it in OT! I can't see that happening again so I will be betting on Arizona as long as the spread doesn't go above a touchdown. I'm gonna have to go against you on the Bucs game, I think Tampa will win this game. I haven't got much to back me up I know! But I think this team is primed for a playoff push now. Take out the 0-4 start and you have a good team that could be hitting its stride at the right time. I think SD are a good team but bear in mind that only Denver who they beat last week have winning record currently out of all the teams they have beaten so far. I'm gonna have to go for TB. The other match that interests me is STL against Carolina, I hate STL, they look like a 13-3 team one day, a 3-13 team the other. This game I think they need it as much as Carolina. They could be fighting for a wild card by time the season ends and this could be the game which gets either team in. I know Chandler is starting but I think this game is going to be very close hence I'm going with STL. Picks: STL +7 @ Carolina TB +5.5 @ San Diego Arizona -6.5 V SF

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.