Nade's Brain Mush

Nade

This Thread is going to contain a TON of hands that i'm going to dissect. It won't be eloquent. It won't be pretty. Much like me. Think of it like some laboratory - i'm going to chuck a load of hands through the grinder - some my own, some other peoples and some brightly coloured chaos is going to come out of the other end. The end goal is working out why people make the plays they do - what their goals are in the hand - How we can work this out before they make the play - and so how to exploit them. Some complex shit too clever for me but i love a challenge.

Re: Nade's Brain Mush First hand: some random from deucescracked forum: "Looking at how I played it from the flop, it feels like we could call on the river, considering the times we win, for info, and future battles with this reg, or what do you think? Hero (BB): $103.00 UTG: $130.65 CO: $93.00 BTN: $94.10 SB: $66.95 Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with 6 spade.png 3 spade.png 1 fold, CO raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero raises to $12, CO calls $9 Flop: ($24.50) J spade.png 6 heart.png 2 club.png (2 players) Hero checks, CO checks Turn: ($24.50) 8 diamond.png (2 players) Hero checks, CO bets $14.00, Hero calls $14 River: ($52.50) 5 diamond.png (2 players) Hero checks, CO bets $28.00, Hero folds So he 3bets 63s - i like this, it's polarized - if called he's barely dominated by any hand and it has great disguise value. Checks the flop even though he hits. Why? He has showdown value. A vulnerable hand. Doesn't want to be raised. Check/calls the turn. Obviously has a showdown value hand - virtually never a set or anything JJ - AA as people want max value with those. So he knows he's vulnerable. WE know he's vulnerable. What can be done? His hand is virtually always a 1 pair hand like 99 or JT. The only play is to bomb the river. Most circumstances a bet of $28 into $52 will get called by all 1 pair hands - unless they have something random like 63 which is rare. Can we credibly rep something bigger than 99? I definitely think so. We can credibly have all sets on this board as it's dry we'll check them back on the flop. And there's lots of Jx in our range. The only real worry is them having jx but if we bet bigger on turn to shove river they can fold JT and JQ. To play this better i like cbetting flop for protection and also may fold some higher PPs like 88, also if we pick up a 6 or 3 it's disguised and also if we pick up a flush draw we have a load of equity so we can continue to barrel. If blank hits it comes down to bottle. Nade Note: Signs of weakness can be exploited for what they are.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.