KEY RACE - HENNESSY - NEWBURY SAT 27TH NOV

bowles10

Re: KEY RACE - HENNESSY - NEWBURY SAT 27TH NOV 15:05 Newbury I am going to take my chances on Barbers Shop in this race today. He is a horse who in my opinion has underachieved and I am sure others feel the same way. Despite that he has won 6 races from 20 but only 3 from 13 over the jumps. From a good yard in Henderson who is bang in form just now and the horse also has blinkers fitted for the first time today so it will be interesting to see how he reacts to that today. He tends to travel really well but his jumping isn't the most fluent at times and hes been known not stay. Despite the negatives, he has a good course record here which reads 3214. Finished 4th in this race last season off the same mark he runs off of today so he definitely has the ability to place in this race again today in my opinion. He did not have a run to prepare for the race last year but this year he ran in the Charlie Hall Chase at Wetherby where he was a major disappointment but the stable are in much better form now and maybe they felt he needed a prep run this year, who knows? The horse himself is still only 8 years old and I just feel he is up to winning a race of this standard. Whether today is his day is another question but at the prices I feel he is worth chancing, especially with 5 places on offer. 0.5pts Barbers Shop E/W @ 50/1 (Bet365 - BOG)