Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals - Masters cup London

Re: Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals - Masters cup London

Sport Tennis Event Przysiezny - Gremelmayr Selection Przysiezny Strength 10/10 Date 24/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.80 Reasoning In my opinion Przysiezny take win in this match, this is better player. Przysiezny in this moment have 76 position in rank, the best in career.. In this weekend at Helsinki courts, Michal defending title from last year, if lost today concended many points and concended very good rank. Motivation must be high. Two weeks ago on thi surface Przysiezny won tournament in Ortisei. Gremelmayr is 127 on the world, don't show nothing special in last time. Beating only poor players. I see match in last week against Beck and Denis look very bad, not have chances against Polish Federer today.
agree with you, also feel the odds are great.I like the look of Adrian manarimo and Martin Klizman to win. Who would you takle between Roger vasselin against Berankis?The frenchman is in great form even though Berankis beat gabashalvi!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello chaps from the O2. No betting from me this week as went yesterday and going for the rest of the week. Wee reward for a decent year betting wise on tennis. So my season is over in that regard' date=' quite happy just to sit back and enjoy a great week of tennis. All the best for your bets :ok[/quote'] Good luck and enjoy Atko, at least we know you're alive :drums

I would be careful here. It took an hour and a half for Djokovic to beat Berdych which implies a much tougher match than the 6-3 6-3 scoreline would suggest. And it was. Berdych can't serve more poorly than he did in his match with Novak which means that he is surely going to be more confident on his own serve. Roddick is nowhere close as good a returner as Djoko. Roddick has to pick himself up after almost beating the world number one. That is going to be much tougher than just having to learn on your mistakes as Berdych has to do. I think a games handicap bet on Berdych would be good. Odds are worth it. I think you can find +3.5 at stan james.
I agree with some of your thoughts Matija but I am also thinking about backing Roddick because I saw in match vs. Nadal great determination from his side, something that gave him few nice victories in weeks before London. It's true that Roddick returning skills are far from Djoko, but also you can't compare Nadal and Berdych because Berdych can't run out all those long rallies precisely and turn them back over the net successful as Nadal. Third thing, if he couldn't cause problem on Djoko serve how can he expect something from bombs he will get today... One more thing, his service percentage is pure mental issue and that's something he obviously can't cope with at the moment, so don't get surprised if he perform under 50% again. Indeed, I expect something like that

agree with you, also feel the odds are great.I like the look of Adrian manarimo and Martin Klizman to win. Who would you takle between Roger vasselin against Berankis?The frenchman is in great form even though Berankis beat gabashalvi!
its not looking good so far lads

Re: Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals - Masters cup London Both matches today are sure wins for the favorites but odds on them are not worth backing. Robin Soderling has a 2-14 H2H record with Roger Federer and it is surely going to be 2-15 after today's match. The only thing questionable is the scoreline and whether or not the -4.5 games handicap on Roger is too high. I honestly think it isn't but wouldn't advise on taking it because Roger only needs a set here to go through. His motivation is questionable but being that Robin is the most hated player on the tour (hated by his fellow players) there could be a sufficient level of dislike for Roger to keep playing like in the first two rounds. This is a no bet for me. Murray needs to win against Ferrer to go through because there is absolutely no chance that Soderling is going to win against Federer. Murray had a very poor showing against Federer and wasn't too impressive against Soderling which is why I think a +4.5 games handicap available on Ferrer is worth taking. Murray is the better server, they're both great returners, they're both among the best grinders in the world and they are both painfully persistent. I'm sure David is going to be fully motivated to not go home with a bagel. He will fight for a win here in London from the first point. I don't think he can make it but I think he can make it a tight match.

Both matches today are sure wins for the favorites but odds on them are not worth backing. Robin Soderling has a 2-14 H2H record with Roger Federer and it is surely going to be 2-15 after today's match. The only thing questionable is the scoreline and whether or not the -4.5 games handicap on Roger is too high. I honestly think it isn't but wouldn't advise on taking it because Roger only needs a set here to go through. His motivation is questionable but being that Robin is the most hated player on the tour (hated by his fellow players) there could be a sufficient level of dislike for Roger to keep playing like in the first two rounds. This is a no bet for me. Murray needs to win against Ferrer to go through because there is absolutely no chance that Soderling is going to win against Federer. Murray had a very poor showing against Federer and wasn't too impressive against Soderling which is why I think a +4.5 games handicap available on Ferrer is worth taking. Murray is the better server, they're both great returners, they're both among the best grinders in the world and they are both painfully persistent. I'm sure David is going to be fully motivated to not go home with a bagel. He will fight for a win here in London from the first point. I don't think he can make it but I think he can make it a tight match.
I agree with your sentiments on both matches, although I think that Soderling is worth taking on a +4.5 handicap. I can see Federer winning this and he should do so in straight sets, but I think that Soderling will have enough fight in him to keep it close. I also think Soderling will serve first (Federer chose to return first against Murray) which makes a 6-4, 6-4 more likely than a 6-4, 6-3. Soderling (+4.5) is 5/6 at William Hill, which I think is good enough for a play. I agree with you completely on Murray-Ferrer. I can't see Murray wiping the floor with the Spaniard as Ferrer simply has too much fight for that. I wasn't impressed with Murray in Paris nor have I been impressed with him here and I think he is being over rated by the bookmakers - 1/7 against a player that he's got a 1-3 head to head record against is a joke, especially when the courts in London are slow. I'm not sure I like Ferrer enough to back him at 9/2, but I'll definitely take him on a +4.5 at evens with Bet365.

Re: Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals - Masters cup London As i can see it Federer is really determine to take this one at the end of season and show them who's the men. As there head to head tells, Soderling is in his basket together with Roddick and Hewitt, he just want do kick their asses. Also, fatigue factor that played significant roll in defeat against Monfils doesn't exist here as he didn't spend to much energy in first two matches with days off between them. I'm clearly doubt that he will calculate something in way to get only one set and then to low the pace, because that's enough.. I found nice odds for -3,5 @ Betfair, 1.7 is fair imho and I will stick with that one. Murray vs. Murray is no bet match for me. Of course he is favorite in this one but not for this odds. Mybe the best is to play over or some bigger handicap on Ferrer as he can be really annoying even more than Murray. The other reason to stay out of this one for me is huge bet that Ferrer wont go through the next round. Here are (official) possible scenarios for all singles and doubles before last round.. http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2010/11/46/London-Qualifying-Scenarios.aspx GL :hope

Re: Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals - Masters cup London Berdych - Nadal: Berdych + 1.5 set hcp @Pinnacle 2.370 In the match with Djokovic, Berdych was excellent in rallies, but his serve was gone and he made tons of unforced errors. Despite the score 36 36, this was tough match, but at crucial points Berdych was giving free gifts to his opponent. In the match with Roddick, Tomas managed to improve his serve and played more precise shots. He was also absolutely superb on return where he eliminated Andy's biggest weapon - the serve (Andy made "only" 9 aces in the match, which for him is significantly low number). Considering Rafa needed three sets to beat Roddick, and was about to lose the match with Djokovic until Nole's right contact lense started to play with the Spaniard, I would say that Tomas should deliver good performance today. I shall be playing Tomas to win for 4.950 as well.

Re: Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals - Masters cup London Sport Tennis Event Kontinen - Mannarino Selection Kontinen Strength 10/10 Date 26/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 2.15 Reasoning I see Kontinen win this game, for me have more chances than 50% today against Mannarino. In this season at Rhodes hard courts Kontinen beat this guy without too many problems in two sets 6-4, 6-1. Kontinen play at home, have big advantage in this part - know this courts, supporters give big support for this guy. In last season here make SF, why not in this year? In this tournament Kontinen beat two very good players - Harrison and Brown and not concended a single set. Serving on the great level - yesterday lost only 5 bals from 37 at the serve! Mannarino in first round lost set against tired Koubek and yesterday played against Kontinen borther - Micke, won in two sets, but not look good - winning 67% points at the serve.

Sport Tennis Event Kontinen - Mannarino Selection Kontinen Strength 10/10 Date 26/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 2.15 Reasoning I see Kontinen win this game, for me have more chances than 50% today against Mannarino. In this season at Rhodes hard courts Kontinen beat this guy without too many problems in two sets 6-4, 6-1. Kontinen play at home, have big advantage in this part - know this courts, supporters give big support for this guy. In last season here make SF, why not in this year? In this tournament Kontinen beat two very good players - Harrison and Brown and not concended a single set. Serving on the great level - yesterday lost only 5 bals from 37 at the serve! Mannarino in first round lost set against tired Koubek and yesterday played against Kontinen borther - Micke, won in two sets, but not look good - winning 67% points at the serve.
:unsure ...I'm wondering how Kontinen and Mannarino reached the World Tour Finals....:lol

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Nadal - Murray
Selection Nadal
Strength 10/10
Date 27/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.58
Reasoning Nadal is playing better with every match.And I am more and more convinced that he will win this tournament.Murray seems to be far from his best.He losed easily to Federer.And against Nadal I don't think he will be much better.I've bet on Nadal to win this tournament and I will stick with him in this one.

Re: Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals - Masters cup London Sport Tennis Event Przysiezny - Mannarino Selection Przysiezny Strength 10/10 Date 27/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 2.10 Reasoning Michal is underdog in this game? I don't understand this, this is better player tha Mannarino and I see very good value in this odds. In past Przysiezny beat in two sets Mannarino on this surface. Michal seed with nr 2 in this tournament, Mannarino play with nr 6. Przysiezny is 20 position above Mannarino in ATP rank. Mannarino in two matches here have big problems - against Koubek and against Kontinen, in both matches concending serve many times, not playing great. Michal yesterday against gifted Zopp show class tennis - won 34/37 first serves, not concended a single serve game. Broken three times Zopp. Michal defending title from last year and in my opinion won it today!

Re: Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals - Masters cup London Sport Tennis Event Federer - Djokovic Selection Federer -2.5 Strength 10/10 Date 27/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 1.90 Reasoning In my opinion Federer is clear favourite in this game, this HC line is not too high. Federer lost against Djoko in 5 sets at Wimbledon, but after this match beat this guty two times - SF in Shanghai in two sets and F in Basel, in three, but with 4 games margin. Federer in this tournament played incredible tennis, don't have any problems with rivals -destroy Ferrer, destroy Murray, have small problems against Soderling, but Soderling play really good match. Roger with this form can win this tournament. Djoko beat Roddick and Berdych, but both are not playing great. I see match against Rafa and Djoko don't have too many chances, in second set Rafa destroy this guy. In next weekend Djoko play Davis Cup, maybe think about this?

Re: Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals - Masters cup London Sport Tennis Event Nadal - Murray Selection Nadal -2.5 Strength 10/10 Date 27/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.90 Reasoning In my opinion Nadal play with Federer in Final of this tournament, I take Nadal with HC here. Nadal want win this tournament, this is only one big tournament who Rafa don't take. Rafa in first set against Roddick not look good, but in next 6 sets in this tournament playing on the high level - great serve, incredible return, prefect footwork. Rafa is ready to eat Murray. Murray in my opinion don't show nothing great - beat Soderling, but Soda look nervous, Federer destroy Murray and in last match beat claycouter Ferrer, but concended 2 serve games. If Ferrer can broken this guy, Rafa too. For me Rafa in two sets!

Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer vs. Novak Djokovic
Selection Djokovic
Strength 10/10
Date 27/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.15
Reasoning Well, this will going to be the second semi-final between another two great players and IMO somebody is a litter bit underrated in this one. Roger Federer is the player of all times, he is a legend for tennis and there surely will be so much motivation on his side to win this Masters, surely that he will try his best to go into the final and play against Rafa Nadal, but for all these things you have to play really well. To play against Novak Djokovic it will going to be very very difficult as the serbian player possess some nice deffensive skills and he knows very well how to play against Federer. I think that Djokovic is a litter bit underrated here, especially after his defeat from Rafa, but speaking about this lose I will say that Djokovic did played then some really great tennis and it was about Rafa's just better tennis than about Novak's bad tennis. Djokovic has started very well this Masters and IMO he shouldn't be rated with these high odds. It is all about Federer's three wins from three and Djokovic's not the same record. these are just stats but essential remains essential, the difference in class between these two players is not so high, so IMO value goes on Djokovic's side. Good Luck!

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Nadal-Federer
Selection Nadal
Strength 10/10
Date 28/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.41
Reasoning Nadal is 2.41 in this one.Come on...it's at least 50/50 for me and Nadal has much more chances to win this one than the odds are suggesting.Nadal is 14-7 against Federer.In their last 10 matches it's 7-3 for Nadal and on hard courts between them it's 3-1 for Nadal.More to that this courts seem to be really slow so they suit Nadal perfectly.After watching him today against Murray I can say than he is more than capable of beating Federer.He played some great tennis today.I'm with Nadal in this one.

Re: Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals - Masters cup London Federer vs Nadal Selection Nadal Strength 10/10 Pinnacle Sports @ 2.31 Reasoning Why is Federer at that price? Ok, let analize this tournament. In round robin federer was in group B, Soderling, Murray and Ferrer as rivals. The match against Ferrer was a joke, Ferrer is the worst of the 8 players in the tournament, and I know he does everything and he really deserved to be there, but he is far away of the real good ones. Against Murray he won in two sets. If Murray had played as he did yesterday against Nadal he could have won that one, but he made lot's of errors and Federer had a real easy match. Soderling the same as Murray, he played bad and gave Fed the facilites to win easily the match. Yesterday against Djokovic we all knew he was going to win, because Djokovic has said one million times he want's the Davis Cup and as we know his teammates were already preparing the Davis so it's was obvious he was going to join today. So, federer, hastn't lost a single set. Why? Because of his tennis? No. Because he has not got a motivated rival. Now we should se Nadal. He was in Group A, with Berdych, Roddick and Djoko. He started with Roddick, lost the first set and was break down in the second. He demostrated why he is the nº1 in ATP ranking and finally won the match. After the match he said in the first set he was unconfortable with the surface but finally he got used to it and won the match. Second match against Djoko, nothing to say in this one, as i said before djoko's mind was in Davis Cup, he came here like having a little holidays and the proof is that when he had hard rivals like Nadal and Fed he lost easily in 2 sets. He did not want to fight and acumulate tiredness for Davis, so this match was a real training for Nadal. Against Berdy Nadal started bad again, although i have to say that Berdych played good this one, but Nadal finally won in straight sets. Yesterday agaisnt Murray, the best match in the tournament. Nadal played INCREDIBLE first match and won in Tie-break. In the second he did some errors and gave up when he was down he did not even tried to win that set when he was down. Third set, he breaks. Serves for the match, get's nervous and Murray breaks again. Tie break. Nadal is 4-1 down. Everyone thinking in Murray vs Federer in the final. But no. Nadal demostrated once again why he is nº1 and won 8-6 in tie break. As we can see Nadal has won all matches even starting badly. He is capable of winning this one. People is betting for Federer because they think Nadal is tired after 3 hours match against Murray. In my opinion the are wrong. Because Nadal has not played a single tournament in the last month, so he cant be tired and because he is going to have 24 hours before playing this final. Also this surface is quite more slow that other masters finals. You can see in youtube the highlights of masters 2006 and 2007 betwwen these two guys and the surface was 3000 times faster that this one. This really benefits the spaniard. In my opinion there is no favourite in this final. This should be 1,90 each and 2.30 for Nadal is definetely worth to try. Even I'm confident that there is going to be moments in the match when Nadal will be up in the score or tied. So, if Nadal get's up in the score Fed will be @ 2 or similar so we could ensure benefits in this match. Enjoy the match, this is going to be worth watching for sure.

Re: Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals - Masters cup London 4pts R.Federer to beat R.Nadal @ 8/11 Coral This is probably not a value bet but I feel strongly about Federer winning this match. He has looked a better player this week all round, yet to drop a set and he is playing really well. What's the point trying to pick bones out of it, hearing people say he hasn't faced a real test yet, its nonsense talk, Federer is an amazing player and showing that at the moment. Murray gave Nadal a real match yesterday and earlier in the tournament so did Roddick, Nadal is a top player we all know this but its hard to beat Federer when he is in this form, Nadal hasn't started the quickest and if Federer can get away early I can see him putting this to bed, Nadal could well win but there is a reason that Federer is strong favourite and that's because he is relentless at the moment.