Trading, scratching and scalping

Evening all Long time no speak on here!!!! im well in to the game of trading these days on horse racing mainly but starting to stray towards footy again. what im interested to know is, how many of you wonderful ppl out there are also trading? what software do you use? do you scalp the pre race/match markets? do you trade in play? whats your strategy? i currently scalp the pre race market normally, greening up before the race has started, i have lots of strategies but im looking for others on here to discuss these with........ahhh its good to be back on here. :D:D:D:D

Re: Trading, scratching and scalping

ahhh its good to be back on here. :D:D:D:D
There's only one better thing than that: to be always here! :D I have been trading for about two years now, and soon after starting trading, I gave up "classic" betting at all; trading appeared to be more profitable, although requires more time and dedication; it's not that I earn some serious profit - I am overall barelly in positive area, but in any case is better than betting, where I just used to struggle to control my losses, huh. I see, you're trading horses, which I never do, I trade only football, so I can't discuss horse strategies; in football, most of the time I scalp on under markets, and mainly under 4.5; I back unders and lay after odds come in several ticks. From what I have seen, that strategy itself is low risk and low profit, but anyway I think it could be profitable if there was no main traders' enemy - greed. :wall As for software, for a year now, I have been using Geeks Toy, a state-of-the-art trading software, with helpful community gathered around; Geeks Toy is free of charge (both grid and ladder interface), and version 1.1 has just been released, with advanced charting; I don't rely too much on charts, as they show where market has been, but not where it will go, but in any case it's nice tool. If you don't look for Excel integration, I'm sure you won't find better one than Geeks Toy; though, if you want to automate your trading to some extent with Excel, then Gruss is the way to go; it costs 6 GBP monthly, and there is 30 days free trial, which is enough to test it.

Re: Trading, scratching and scalping Hi froment, cheers for replying I've just started to use geeks toy, was very impressed trading pre race horses requires an aggressive stance and one which I think I'm quite suited to I do play with the unders markets but I find them too strategic and volatile if I'm watching a game, a good strategy is to lay the trade first on a clear favourite and back out of the trade. This works for as long as the fave hasn't scored. Because they are clear faves, their odds climb pretty fast and if it's 0-0 at half time you could get some great trades in like I did on the man u wolves games last night I suppose on average this would work for about the first 20 mins considering the average first goal is around 26 mins what I'm also looking for is some form of scenario software like soccer mystic on betangel. I've seen the videos on YouTube for it, it's very impressive does anyone know of other software packages or websites that provide this kind of scenario option for betfair graphs?

Re: Trading, scratching and scalping I've had a dabble at trading in the past, but gave up the ghost. I used the geeks toy an scalped mainly pre-race. I'd watch the markets for a minute or so and use the graphs o TRY to predict where the Market might be heading. Had a little success but as most newbie traders do I ended up getting cocky eg trying to do 2 trades at once, watching a trade come near to my stop-loss and thinking it's ok it'll all turn around and then letting it go in-play. After this I left it alone for a few months and recently came back to it. I did very well at first, again on the horses. However, this time round I also had another idea to try. My aim was to exploit gaps in the Market on the football and try to pinch a few ticks. I had moderate success with this method, especially when I traded on golf for the first time. I couldn't tell you long term how it went tho, I have again give up after falling foul of my old ways :eyes

Re: Trading, scratching and scalping Well surely we are not the only three on here that have traded the sports exchanges???? I've seen quite a few courses out there on the trading side one for 400 from that guy that developed betangel, can't remember his name another couple from centaur academy, they actually look pretty good and range from 350 to 400 a site called sporttrader was doing a simple one for 75 prox trading offer a football one for 95 has anyone had any experience of these courses and if so has it helped them?