More than one horse backed in a race?

I'm guessing this is something everyone's doing that I've only recently discovered... is it worthwhile? Here's something I posted elsewhere, on a non-betting forum... I've tested a method out where I've backed 4, sometimes 5 horses on ONE race. All four times I've been in profit. Two of the races I backed, missed out on around 50 quid today as I had two races chosen with horses but was working with my brothers today selling coal and logs... anyway, the beauty about this way is if you get a winner, great you're in profit, but it's the E/W ones that get you the extra few quid too, especially when you back 1/4 races with 4 places. Yesterday one race, 20 euro staked, 2.50 E/W on each of the four horses I chose, returned 55...35 profit... Anyway, I'm liking this way at the moment rather than putting all your hopes on one horse at say, 10 euro win or 10 E/W. He could **** up, he might not run, whatever. Atleast you have four horses which atleast one should do well. There's a few nice betting forums I won't mention, but this site is a gem I just found the other day. http://www.oddschecker.com It gives you three horses they think will win on each race, and each horse with a star rating on the race card. Pick four horses, go 2.50 E/W on each unless you're dead certain you have a horse that can win outright. http://www.free-bet-calculator.co.uk/ For checkin' what you're gettin' And you're sweet. As I said four times I was in profit but, maybe I'm counting my chickens eggs in a basket too early, or this could be a handy old method, that's probably been done before, but I'm happy to carry on doing this considering the possibility of making atleast 30 quid a day. There's lots of races on in a week.

Re: More than one horse backed in a race? In 16 runner handicaps it's rare I dont back two or more horses. Particularly when they pay 5 places. A case in point was the first at Doncaster today. I backed both of Gosden's and was actually pretty peeved when the percieved second string failed to nab Buick on the line. In fact, the more I think about it, I cant understand why people would choose to back just the one runner in a big field handicap unless they think they have the winner as nailed on as JC on the sticks.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.