20:00 Newcastle v Saracens
:void(0)'>15/8
:void(0)'>20/1
:void(0)'>2/5
20:05 Cardiff Blues v Scarlets
:void(0)'>1/6
:void(0)'>25/1
:void(0)'>7/2

Re: Rugby Union 22nd-24th howye nigel, cleaned up last weekend, but was very lucky on the big double i had, ospreys and whoever cardiff played by 1-12. anyway, not much time, but my picks for tonight are ulster 1-12 (missing one of the blairs, and no matter what way you loook at it, ulster are a better team, and 3.6 is value on betfair, 12/5 on hills is too. Edinburgh will be empty in the cold tonight and after last weeks loss. sarries, 1-12, (its pissing rain, and they badly need the win, shouldnt win by more) Leeds, same as above, form suggests a win is on the cards, Then, in a little tenner double, munster 21-30 and cardiff 11-20 Ive been contemplaying sticking cardiff 1-12 on a yankee for about 70 euro with the four picks above, but i cant bring myself to do it. THe fact that is a derby, and the fact that cardiff got very involved and roughed up last wek, and its under lights and scarlets 'shouldnt' want to be beaten badly (the were battered more so than scarlets), tells me i should stick cardiff 1-12.Problem with llanelli is whether they have the heart if the chips are down. Like, you wouldnt put them up there with connacht for the sheer will to get one over on their neighbours... will make my mind up later on that.although with lamont as captain, and jones and others missing, if i had a gun to my head if say carditt 13+ at 5/4 or thereabouts. tough one this EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!**** Its pissing rain in cardiff according to bbc weather, 1-12 all the way this EDIT EDIT EDIT, going against the grain on munster, 1-12 is 3/1 or over in hills. With the rain that just went across the country, and the fact munster mih have a euro intensity hangover, ive decided to have a punt here with the odds available. Deasy mightnt ave the best of games best of luck all.

Re: Rugby Union 22nd-24th Friday, 22 October 2010 Aviva Premiership Rugby Leeds Carnegie 3-6 Sale Newcastle 13-15 Saracens The Championship Worcester 21-23 Cornish Pirates The Magners League Cardiff Blues 10-16 Scarlets Edinburgh 21-16 Ulster Munster 39-13 Benetton Treviso

Saracens snatch a win late into injury time, but not by enough for me & I cannot wait to read the report on this one! Edinburgh almost covered the handicap, but I hope people took my advice and avoided what sounded like a shocker at Leeds. :)

Re: Rugby Union 22nd-24th Leicester v Bath Not too much strong form to go on here, Leicester have only played Exeter & Leeds at home so far this season, winning both. Leicester nearly came unstuck against Exeter but still managed a ten point winning margin (37-27). Bath have played Leeds away and Northampton, where they got thumped 31-10 and their record in the last four games in all comps is P4 W2 L2. Leicester h'cap -8 winning points margin 6-10 & 11-15

Re: Rugby Union 22nd-24th Toulouse v Perpignan Toulouse home record is formidable to say the least and this game will see two sets of forwards go toe to toe, to see who is argueably the best in France! Perpignan have continued to improve both home & away, as the season has progressed & the +8 start on the handicap is quite tempting. My only worry about Perpignan is that, apart from Bayonne (who have since slipped away), they are yet to play any of the big teams away from home yet! Toulouse should win as they probably have the edge in the back line but it will be close! Toulouse winning margin 1-5 & 6-10

Re: Rugby Union 22nd-24th Leicester 21 - 15 Bath Closer than I would have liked & very squeaky bottom in the closing minutes! Lost out on the handicap but more than made up for it with the 6 point winning margin. :clap Toulouse 38 - 29 Perpignan No report on this match yet but just got in for the winning margin of 9. :clap

Re: Rugby Union 22nd-24th congrats nigel well lads, im actually sick as a dog. won a bit today, lost more, down about 60 for the weekend, but spent an hour and a half lookin over the top 14 last night, picked out three games, filled all my sheets in and came out with toulouse, stade and biarritz to win by 1-12 points. went to look at the bookies this morning, and NOT ONE F**KING ONE OF THEM HAD MY WINNING MARGINS 1-12 POINTS. Not willhill, not stanjames, not betpack....didnt even think to do the 1-10's. My god, im gonna vomit, i always do a 40 euro trixie for france. Anyone any idea whatsoever why the bookies would have dodged AND 1-12's in France this weekend? Im genuinely nauseous

Re: Rugby Union 22nd-24th

went to look at the bookies this morning, and NOT ONE F**KING ONE OF THEM HAD MY WINNING MARGINS 1-12 POINTS. Not WillHill, not StanJames, not betpack....didnt even think to do the 1-10's. My god, im gonna vomit, i always do a 40 euro trixie for france.
Hi Homer, sorry to hear your bad news! The only reason that I can think of and I suffered this but only slightly this week, is that the Rugby markets don't stand up to too much money being laid on them. Take Edinburgh v Ulster, when I posted on Thursday it was -4, against Edinburgh & when I went to place my bet on Friday, The handicap had gone out to -6! This is the first week I have not posted all the handicaps, but if memory serves me correctly the games you mentioned, their handicaps would have been around 8-12 points against the home sides and so I am guessing the bookies corrected their markets to reflect this and possibly the bets being placed. I think the moral of this story, for both of us, is to get on earlier! :ok Chin up & lets get ready to rumble next week! PS. I am leaving tomorrows games well alone, as I can see Wasps potentially upsetting Northampton & I am not at all sure what will happen north of the border!