Ipoker double up challenge

glceud

Had a quick look at the sharkscope stats for the five "leaders" in the ipoker double up challenge. Interesting figures

ACTINGTHEGOAT 30,910-$3 $64 -3%-$83,753 -71iPokerSNG Only x
boxkopf4,724-$5 $78 -5%-$24,745 Hot72iPokerSNG Only x
dooofus8620,025-$4 $83 -5%-$81,835 -72iPokerSNG Only x
Gstar8949,040-$3 $120 -3%-$171,260 -73iPokerSNG Only x
xEsben 9,768-$6 $132 -5%-$55,079 -72iPokerSNG Only

Re: Ipoker double up challenge I'm confused - am I understanding right that the players at the top of a leaderboard are all awful players and losing loads? Is the insinuation that they are somehow cheating/colluding to top the leaderboard?

Re: Ipoker double up challenge

Is the insinuation that they are somehow cheating/colluding to top the leaderboard?
OI! every post I make isn't an insinuation:eek Just thought it was interesting, and perhaps proves how hard it is to make money at these things. Then again perhaps I was hoping someone else would interpret the figures in a more decorative manner;)

Re: Ipoker double up challenge

Then again perhaps I was hoping someone else would interpret the figures in a more decorative manner;)
Just had a quick look at the leaderboards on Betfred .... and points are awarded for buy in, which is doubled if you win (and just the buy in if you lose) - so my original assumption was wrong in that there is no real skill element to the leaderboard - it's just volume .... so the new insinuation [from me] is that these are just break even (ish) rakeback/bonus grinding bots... The leader in the first week in the $1-$5 category got 14,942 points - assuming that all games were $5 and that the strike rate was 50%, that's 1992 games in a week :loon 284 games per day :loon Playing for 12 hours in a day, that's almost 24 games an hour :loon Do ipoker even run that many games? Surely only possible for a bot? The same player got similar numbers of points in weeks 2 and 3 - so that's 21 days at that rate :loon Volume for the category up to $30 would be about 21 games per hour :loon (and there are 3 players with very similar points). I dont believe human players could achieve that kind of volume for that period of time - does anyone here? Which reminds me - thought this was interesting on PTR - http://www.pokertableratings.com/blog/2010/10/bots-banned-on-ftp/ - that led me to the bot site in question and I'm amazed that their insinuation is that Full Tilt has been aware of them and even encouraging them (hence they feel pretty outraged at having had their funds seized) - (I think it's this web site, but down at the moment - http://www.bonusbots.com/ - anyway it's "Shanky Technologies") - I cant get to their statement on FT at the moment, but THINK that they said iPoker turn a blind eye to them.... Ah got it - here (14th October update) - http://bonusbots.com/updates/ - they dont say that iPoker allows them, but they do support iPoker rooms, and they say they wouldnt support rroms that dont allow them:
However in private emails, and in some posts in our support forum, we did make statements that we thought the room was safe from this type of thing, given the long history of tolerance that we have there. And we are very sorry for that. We would never intentionally mislead our customers about the risks involved. As an example, we get constant requests to support Poker Stars and Party Poker. We always have replied that those poker rooms have no tolerance for bots and as a result we will not even ever attempt to support them. There is no point, as the risk is simply outrageous. So we always focused on poker rooms that are known for high “bot toleration” in their practices.

Re: Ipoker double up challenge Personally If I owned a poker network I would actively encourage the use of bots so as to ensure all my customers could get a game in the quickest possible time, in fact if I could get away with it, I would actually deploy the bots myself as and when required. As long as the bots had ROI's of between -3% and -5% I would still be quids in Interesting that party poker doesn't "tolerate" bots, as it was probably the first site to be "attacked" by bots and there was a suggestion back then that the site itself was responsible for the bots. BY THE WAY THIS IS NOT AN ONLINE POKER IS FIXED POST.

• 5 months later...