Bowles' Jumps diary 10/11

As per last year, I have compiled a list of horses i intend to follow through to Cheltenham/Aintree. Last year i didnt follow every run and missed some big prices along the way. I still dont think i should back every single run blind and have to decide when is the best time. Last season's novices, (possible arkle or top hurdle races) Soldatino Alavain Berties Dream Kennel Hill Najaf Peddlars Cross Reve de Sivola Rite of Passage Sanctuaire Notus de la tour Son Amix Menorah Get me out of here Dunguib 2nd Season chasers Copper Bleu Other mix The Midnight club China rock Weapons Amnesty Burton point Long run Sizing Europe Somersby Osana Chasers Pidgeon island Consigliere French opera Cornas Poquelin Albertas run J Y'vole Ballabriggs Faasel Ma Yahab Galant Nuit Kalahari King Planet of sound Tricky Trickster Cant buy time The Package Ogee Offshore account Poker de sivola Top Chasers Imperial Commander Denman Albertas run Mon Mome Kauto Star What a friend Petit Robin Tidal bay Hurdlers Thousand Stars Dee ee Williams Zanir Pause and clause Peveril Clova island Radium Cross Kennon Prince Erik Chamirey Buena Vista Sunyhillboy From dawn to dusk Great endeavour Spirit River Tullamore dew James De vassy Caroles legacy Top Hurdlers Khyber Kim Big Bucks Time for rupert Binocular Zaynar Go Native Quevega Voler La Vadette i just need to add the bumper horses from last year such as Cue Card etc No doubt i may add a few more during the seaosn but plenty above to keep an eye on. Really looking forward to the Champion hurdle next year if they all can all stay injury free

Re: Bowles' Jumps diary 10/11 Today we have Albertas Run in the same race as Poquelin, i have reviewed this in the jump racing thread, with Tartak possibly being the one to beat both on todays terms Tullamore dew is the only other runner going today from the list and has an ew chance in the Chepstow race at around 10/1 for the sake of keeping a P/L this year, each horse will carry a 1pt win bet

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Bowles' Jumps diary 10/11

As per last year, I have compiled a list of horses i intend to follow through to Cheltenham/Aintree. Last year i didnt follow every run and missed some big prices along the way. I still dont think i should back every single run blind and have to decide when is the best time. Last season's novices, (possible arkle or top hurdle races) Soldatino Alavain Berties Dream 4-0 Kennel Hill Najaf Peddlars Cross Reve de Sivola 0 Rite of Passage Sanctuaire Notus de la tour Son Amix Menorah Get me out of here 0 Dunguib 2nd Season chasers Copper Bleu Other mix 3 The Midnight club China rock Weapons Amnesty Burton point Long run 2 Sizing Europe Somersby 3 Osana Chasers Pidgeon island 0 Consigliere French opera Cornas Poquelin 2-0 J Y'vole Ballabriggs Faasel Ma Yahab Galant Nuit Kalahari King 0 Planet of sound Tricky Trickster P Cant buy time 0 The Package 0 Ogee 0 Offshore account Poker de sivola Top Chasers Imperial Commander Denman Albertas run 0 Mon Mome Kauto Star 1 What a friend Petit Robin Tidal bay 2 Hurdlers Thousand Stars Dee ee Williams 3 Zanir Pause and clause 0 Peveril Clova island Radium Cross Kennon 1 Prince Erik Chamirey Buena Vista 2 Sunyhillboy 0 From dawn to dusk 0 Great endeavour 0 Spirit River Tullamore dew 0 James De vassy Caroles legacy Top Hurdlers Khyber Kim Big Bucks Time for rupert 1 Binocular Zaynar Go Native Quevega Voler La Vadette Cue Card 1 i just need to add the bumper horses from last year such as Cue Card etc No doubt i may add a few more during the seaosn but plenty above to keep an eye on. Really looking forward to the Champion hurdle next year if they all can all stay injury free
Havent had time to review this, but will update as much as i know and follow up during the week Cue card was mentioned above and stays in the list, but nothing else added as havent had the time to find anymore Cross Kennon won today and 2 winners yesterday all at Cheltenham

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Bowles' Jumps diary 10/11 some good winners from the list over the past few days with the biggest being 16/1 Poquelin in terms of some eye catchers: BUENA VISTA will be worth a shout when they drop it a few pounds, was never in the race yesterday always sitting quietly behind and ran on as usual to finish closer at the finish. It wont surprise me if pipe sticks a claimer on board this season to get a decent victory off a lower mark HIGGYS BOY ran a blinder also under David BAss and keep an eye out for this one especially in decent handicap hurdles, i wonder if they might choose to go the Tote Gold Trophy route with this one or choose one of the decent hurdle races at Sandown over the next 2 months. TIME FOR RUPERT did it well and will be worth but has some sterner tests ahead with better opposition to come MASTER MINDED's victory looked great but the pace was so fast, it was set up nicely for the horse. It was slower than the 1st race won by WOOLACOMBE FOLLY which is a horse i am really starting to like and will follow from now.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Bowles' Jumps diary 10/11 Looking at todays winners at the 1st meeting of the year, 3 of the handicap winners Blazing Bailey, Ashkazar and Tartak all ran at last years festival and all finished down the field in their respective races (Blazing was behind Big Bucks, ashkazar 7th behind pause and clause in the conditional hurdle, tartak 5th in the grand annual), however today they all ran over longer distances, BB 3m 2f, AshK 3m and Tartak 2m 5f. Will be interestinhg to see thier targets come March however i cant see any of them winning off higher marks now in the festival races, Blazing Bailey may be worth keeping an eye on though depending on the weight rise. Oscar Whiskey was an impressive winner and must go into the notebook for more wins this season as i expect it will be placed to good effect. Hells Bay wasnt a 16/1 chance in my book after its 2nd behind Time for Rupert last time out, travelled well again today and i am gutted i couldnt get some money on it in favour of Hendersons horse (master of the hall) which ran well enough but perhaps needs to stay on a flatter course (Aintree ?). Hells bay will not be that price again at this venue. I cant see Ashkazar coming back to win here again as will possibly have to do it off top weight again, the front 2 today set it up for a horse that Murphy had tanking along and then he realised he could get past his stablemate up the hill, i dont think he expected to win though ! My old favourite Buena Vista made sure of a weight decrease in time for a repeat win at the festival in march by finishing down the field, expect they want to get dropped to 135 and then put a claimer on board to take it down to 130 in march. Taranis still had a chance when falling at the 2nd last behond Tartak and this one hopefully will be campaigned for one of the Cheltenham races and should still be kept on board when the entries come out. A nice horse still lightly raced and boasts a record of 10 wins in 18 races for his trainer.

Re: Bowles' Jumps diary 10/11 Minella Class won the Tolworth Hurdle in style today on poor ground, not sure Henderson will run it at the Festival but is sure to step up to 2m 4f now. Aintree may be better for it but keep this one on side.Toubab ran on for 3rd with Megastar 2nd. The form should work out well. In the 2m chase, French Opera ran too bad to be true and perhaps we should put it down to the ground alone. The winner Cornas proves again that Nick Williams just gets better and better. Tchico Polos can win again and great to see Oh Crick back in form. Oh Crick is the one i would take to Cheltenham out of the 3. Mille Chief ran out a decent winner of the last off top weight and should be kept on side for any decent handicap hurdles this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Bowles' Jumps diary 10/11 Looking back on the weekend, Binocular couldnt have been more impressive at Kempton. The horse jumps quicker thans any other hurdler in training however the ground will be the factor at Cheltenham and a much larger field will be a much bigger test. cant wait to see Peddlars cross take on the champ. Long Run picked up the KIng George and has a long future ahead however i stil debate if this is a cheltenham horse and wont be on it at the Festival. Chablais impressed me in the novice event and worth following.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Bowles' Jumps diary 10/11 all i took out of today was the way that Grand Crus destroyed a decent field in the Cleeve Hurdle. Perhaps the amount of runners clouded the quality on show but Grand Crus could not have been more impressive and could now be a viable alternative to Big Bucks come March. If i was Howard Johnson, i would wait for Aintree for Tidal Bay as it gets too far behind here and its so difficult to reign in decent horses. Pity Taranis did not run as i think that could have been thereabouts today. I will never ever back Punchestowns as i think you have to question the horses attitude over fences. I am not going to include any of the other horses in this post however i will use the results from this meeting when it comes to the festival if only to look further down the fields.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Bowles' Jumps diary 10/11 Plenty of winners from my list over the last week or so with Peddlars Cross, Cross Kennon and French Opera amongst them. Of those i only saw Cross Kennon race and will be interested where this one goes at Cheltenham, i wouldnt bother with the World Hurdle as the front 2 wont be beaten. Riverside Theatre impressed on Saturday at Ascot and for me this is purely a flat track horse so wait for Aintree for that one (trainer-take note!) Celestial Halo my old favourite ran a cracking race at Wincanton and now i just feel it likes that type of track and maybe avoid Chelts this year and keep an eye on where it does go. I havent decided on the best novice form as yet for Cheltenham but will have a trawl through over the next 4 weeks. Henderson and Nicholls will be worried about the Irish this year if they dont have the ammunition so time will tell. Unaccompanied was impressive in Ireland last weekend.

Re: Bowles' Jumps diary 10/11 Hi Bowles - if Unnacompanied goes for the JCB Triumph I would be wary as proved to me last year - The Irish horses do poorly in the race - I sung the praises of Carlito Brigante and even slightly fancied Alaivan but both got beaten fair and square last year and seemed to confirm the poor irish stat.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Bowles' Jumps diary 10/11 Last season's novices, (possible arkle or top hurdle races) Soldatino * Alavain Berties Dream Kennel Hill Najaf Peddlars Cross * Reve de Sivola * Rite of Passage Sanctuaire Notus de la tour * Son Amix Menorah * Get me out of here * Dunguib * 2nd Season chasers Copper Bleu * Other mix * The Midnight club China rock Weapons Amnesty Burton point* Long run* Sizing Europe* Somersby* Osana Chasers Pidgeon island* Consigliere* French opera* Cornas Poquelin* Albertas run* J Y'vole Ballabriggs Faasel* Ma Yahab* Galant Nuit Kalahari King* Planet of sound* Tricky Trickster Cant buy time* The Package Ogee* Offshore account Poker de sivola Top Chasers Imperial Commander* Denman* Albertas run* Mon Mome Kauto Star* What a friend* Petit Robin * Tidal bay* Hurdlers Thousand Stars* Dee ee Williams * Zanir Pause and clause Peveril Clova island Radium Cross Kennon* Prince Erik Chamirey Buena Vista* Sunyhillboy* From Dawn to Dusk Great endeavour* Spirit River Tullamore dew* James De vassy Caroles legacy* Top Hurdlers Khyber Kim * Big Bucks* Time for rupert* Binocular* Zaynar* Go Native Quevega* Voler La Vadette* i have started to mark those i expect to run at the festival and hopefully can pick up 7 or 8 winners with these. Others i have added since are: Woolcombe Folly Chablais Higgys boy Blazing bailey Oh Crick

• 2 weeks later...

in terms of some eye catchers: BUENA VISTA will be worth a shout when they drop it a few pounds, was never in the race yesterday always sitting quietly behind and ran on as usual to finish closer at the finish. It wont surprise me if pipe sticks a claimer on board this season to get a decent victory off a lower mark
I cant see Ashkazar coming back to win here again as will possibly have to do it off top weight again, the front 2 today set it up for a horse that Murphy had tanking along and then he realised he could get past his stablemate up the hill, i dont think he expected to win though ! My old favourite Buena Vista made sure of a weight decrease in time for a repeat win at the festival in march by finishing down the field, expect they want to get dropped to 135 and then put a claimer on board to take it down to 130 in march.
tomorrow is the day Buena Vista lines up in the 2nd race, 2.05 for a repeat win Connor o'Farrelll rides as expected after riding it earlier this season. Taking the mark down to 133 with the claim Form figures of 000000, dont be put off!! 18/1 currently

tomorrow is the day Buena Vista lines up in the 2nd race, 2.05 for a repeat win Connor o'Farrelll rides as expected after riding it earlier this season. Taking the mark down to 133 with the claim Form figures of 000000, dont be put off!! 18/1 currently
we love it when a plan comes together !!:lol