Not a system or a strategy but...

AndrewKent

Hi, I wonder if someone could help me out here with something I was doing this evening. While spending a rather quiet evening in front of the tv with the wife I decided to keep William Hill's website open in front of me and do some in play betting for small amounts. Personally I didn't want to watch "Come Dine With Me" so this was an ample distraction. Without realising it I got myself into a bit of a routine of betting on the following... Football matches with 15-20 minutes remaining. Under X goals depending on the score Odds over 1.30 ...now because I was keeping each stake fairly low I wasn't all that bothered if I lost but I noticed at the end of the evening I had made a small profit and my % of correct stakes was about 80%. Now, before I rush out and put larger stakes on this accidental find, what do you all think? Was this pure fluke and should I just keep it for the feel good factor of winning or should I try and tweak my approach to see if I can make a system out of it? I was thinking of changing it to the following... Last 30 minutes of in play matches Small stakes on Under X goals (depending on the score) Odds of around 1.50 Thanks for reading this, Andy

Re: Not a system or a strategy but... hi, not saying this system won't work, but it does have a long way to go regarding statistical evidence of profit in the long run. 80% is just good fortune my friend as i guarantee it won't equate to this in the long run. if you want to get into it then great, but i'd seriously recommend research before investing any reasonable amounts of money. if on the other hand, you are happy with what you have and a couple of bets here and there to small stakes then stick to that and treat yourself to something with your winnings perhaps. just my opinion anyway, good luck whatever you decide to do.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.