Tennis trading: laying first set winner

Datapunter

Been so busy lately haven't had any time for betting really. So about time i get my hand in again, even if it is mainly just for the fun of it. So i will be looking out for tennis matches and i will Lay the winner of the first set to a fixed liability with the intention of Backing and making a profit as soon as possible in the second set. That's the opening trade and it is based on the assumption that the market over-reacts on the winner of the first set especially when it is the favourite. The second part of the trade, when to back during the second set, isn't fixed and i may change stategies a few times depending how things go. I'll be watching the matches, at least have the match on in the background, and decide based on what i see happening. In some cases i'll take a small profit fast, or get out break even. On other occasions i'll let it ride for either a quick full loss or a killing. I did a little bit of research on this but nothing conclusive so i have no idea at the moment if this will be profitable. The main purpose at this time is to have a bit of fun and build up a real life record. Opening bank 1000 , stake 10 points liability opening trade.

Re: Tennis trading: laying first set winner Crivoi got the first set, internet went on the blink just at the start of the second and couldn't get a bet on, so first one will be a trial run only :lol could have layed 11 @ 1.91 , Starace good start to the second, odds on Crivoi already up to 2.4 after the first game.

Re: Tennis trading: laying first set winner thanks

a steady profit over time if you develop the right system
now there's a revellation :lol Close second set, took a Tie break for Starace to take it, odds on Crivoi up to 3.00, would probably have backed him earlier though for break even, so would most likely have been a tiny profit at this point. On we go.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Tennis trading: laying first set winner I noticed something if you don't mind. When the fav losses the first set, in the most cases comes back in the 2nd and wins the match in the third. Odds are between 3-5 for the fav to win 2-1.For instance I backed earlier this morning Stosur 2-1 at 4.5 (straight win at 1.38). This happens quite often, so I thought "why not backing all the favs to win 2-1 at 4 instead of straight win at 1.4" ? Which would be the strike rate?