BBOTD - Thurs Sept 9th

StuSimmy

16:55 Doncaster Habaayib drops down into listed level for the first time today having only been involved in Group company since breaking her maiden tag at the second attempt. Won the Albany Stakes at Ascot over 6 furlongs (Group 3) as a 2 year old where she beat Lille Langtry by 1 and a quarter lengths and we all know how good she has turned out, she has won 4 races since, 2 of which have been Group 1 contests. Habaayib has only raced over todays 7 furlongs trip once, this was on her seasonal reappearance where she finished a quarter length 2nd to Puff in a Group 3 contest at Newbury. Was then entered into the Oaks and although she finished 8/17, I feel it was a good effort considering it was a group 1 race and it seemed as if she didn't quite get the trip as she weakened inside the final furlong. The softer going may also have been a negative in that race so as long as the ground stays good or goes firmer then there is no reason why she can't win this race. Should also be much more at home back to 7 furlongs and dropping down in grade. Richard Hills also back in the saddle today. 1pt win Habaayib @ 7/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: BBOTD - Thurs Sept 9th Ella - Doncaster 2:35 I feel this horse is overpriced tomorrow. I marked it up as a 6/1 chance. For a 6 year old this horse is relatively lightly raced and will relish the softer ground tomorrow. Its easy forgive its last run as it was its first run after a break and is on a very good mark tomorrow. If forgiving its last run which i have done, its previous run was a very good 2nd to Veloso at Southwell off a mark of 91 on ground i feel it doesnt like one bit. Tomorrow it runs on its favoured ground and is 3 pounds lower than that run at Southwell so i feel is very well in and the handicapper has been leniant. The horse has run over 1 mile 2 furlongs twice and the first time it was 1st of 5 runners and the other time it was 3rd of 15 runners. Its record on ground softer than good is 2 Wins - 4 Places - 2 Losses so it is an exceptional record thus far. Its only ever run at Doncaster was a blinder also when it finished 3rd of 23 to Charm School in the November Heritage Handicap and that was off a mark of 90 , 2 pounds higher than tomorrow's mark!!! I fancy a bold showing and i feel the horse is definately overpriced. 0.5 Points e/w @ 14/1 (Hills) BOG

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.