Golf : 72 hole match system

b10111

Hi everybody, I have decided to start a weekly post where I list all available 72 hole matches for european tour events in which I try to predict the player best placed to win in a match up. I have made decent profits on single or double group bets and I have always liked the odds on offer for golf players so I have decided to share my information.

My golf system is simple and this is how it works, I have a spread sheet of all final round standings of tournaments of the last 3 months hedged against top 10s in tournaments that occurred before the last 3 months.

When tee times and groups are made available by my bookie, I do a search of each player in the group and look at their final round scores in previous tournaments against each other to determine the player in form and most likely to shoot the lowest round.

It works brilliantly for small multiples like 2 or 3 and golf odds are more than decent.

I prefer 72 holes as it covers you especially with regards to streaky players since 3hole bets on each round are tricky.

I will however post group bets on each round that I feel the group winner is too obvious.

Martin Kaymer vs Francesco Molinari 8/10 1/1 pick Francesco Molinari

Hard to ignore Francesco’s form before he took a break from last weeks Omega open.

Alejandro Canizares vs Danny Willett 9/10 9/10 pick Alejando Canizares, spread sheet indicated that he is in better form than his match up.

Brett Rumford vs Bradley Dredge 9/10 9/10 pick Brett Rumford was disappointing in Switzerland but he has been decent enough as compared to a streaky Bradley Dredge

Charl Schwartzel vs Ross Fisher 9/10 9/10 pick Charl Schwartzel, came back well last week and I always bet against Ross Fisher as he is in shocking form

Chris Wood vs Darren Clakre 9/10 9/10 pick Darren Clarke, he didn’t do to well last week but he is among the most consistent players on tour

Damien Mcgrane vs Maarten Lafeber 9/10 9/10 pick Damien Mcgrane well my spread sheet reflects that he is in way better form than his match up opponent

Jamie Donaldson vs Peter Lawrie 9/10 9/10 Obvious pick Peter Lawrie, he is in sensational form and will not disappoint you

Louis Oosthuizen vs Robert Karlsson 9/10 9/10 pick Louis, he had a terrible time last week as he missed the cut but I would still push him ahead given his scores in the last 3 months

Matteo Manassero vs Seung -Yul Noh 9/10 9/10 pick Matteo, his performance last week was not a flash in the pan and although Noh is consistent you do expect the young Italian to follow up last weeks performance with a decent showing.

Robert Jan Derksen vs Stephen Gallacher 9/10 9/10 pick Stephen Gallacher, not much to say as his recent performances put him ahead of Robert

Robert Rock vs Nicolas Colsaerts 9/10 9/10 difficult pick but I would go for Robert although he is as streaky as Bredley Dredge

Simon Dyson vs Richard Green 9/10 9/10 pick Simon Dyson, impressive performances as he sought to make Colins Ryder cup team

72 hole group bets are much harder but I will take a stab,

Group A

Martin Kaymer 2.5

Charl Schwartzel 3.5

Francesco Molinari 3.5

Ross Fischer 3.5

Richard Green 5

Pick Francesco Molinari

Group C

Bradley Dredge 3.5

Matteo Manassero 3.5

Robert J Derksen 3.5

Seung -Yul Noh 3.5

Stephen Gallacher 3.5

Pick Seung – Yul noh or Matteo Manassero

Group D

Damien Mcgrane 3.5

Gregory Bourdy 3.5

Jamie Donaldson 3.5

Maarten Lafeber 3.5

Peter Lawrie 3.5

Pick Peter Lawrie

Group E

Alejandro Canizares 3.5 -

Brett Rumford 3.5

David Lynn 3.5

Nicolas Colsaerts 3.5

Robert Rock 3.5

Pick Alejandro Canizares

I would love to hear your contributions and point out where you think I may have overated a certain player.:dude

Re: Golf : KLM Open 2010 (72 Hole Matches) Great post, like the sound of the system too. I'm not having much luck with outrights, jiminez and Laird I've done Ew recently and they were winner and runner-up the following week :wall so I might try a few match ups... A few questions.. Which bookie are they with? Are they all the same stake or are you more confident about some than others? A few people on here use an out of 10 strength to indicate their confidence, might be worth thinking about? And do you pick the player the spreadsheet indicates regardless of odds or is there a certain value they have to be? Cheers

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.