Flat Racing - Mon 6th Sept

RussP

Re: Flat Racing - Mon 6th Sept 5.10 Bath Back to the low grade fare and a 1m4f, 14 runner, Class 6 handicap. The one I'm taking here is Spinning Waters, from the Eve Johnson Houghton yard. This one has a fantastic chance to me, a very consistent type although people are saying this one is one paced. First time visor replaces the blinkers and I'm sure connections are hoping that the change of headgear has a positive effect. Track suits, especially the uphill finish, and this one can capitalise off its rapidly falling mark. Won its first handicap back at the beginning of 2009, off a mark of 63 but races off just 46. Last 5 runs have all resulted in 3rd place, off marks of 50 3 times, 49 and 47. Dropped a further 1lb today. Is holding its form well and may just need a little bit of luck to resume winning ways. Stable is in cracking form too, which might do the trick, but you need to delve deeper into recent runs to see just how well the stable's runners are doing. In the last week, she's sent out 17 runners and has had 5 winners, 2 2nd's and a 3rd. More interesting is the record of the fancied runners (ie, those priced under 10/1), the results for those read 1-1-1-1-2-1. Of the other at bigger prices, she's had a 50/1 3rd under this jockey and a 16/1 2nd, failing by a head. That's some going indeed and I'm extremely hopeful that this one can add to the superb stable form. Spinning Waters (8/1 RPF)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.