Build a horse racing web system

Hi, So a brief description about me :). My name is Victor. I’m 27 and I am a permanent resident of Republic of Moldova. I graduate faculty of economic cybernetics, statistics and informatics in 2005 and from 2006 till present I’m an employer in a software company. From 2009 I am a junior software architect in that company. While I was student I used to be professional Russian checkers player but the work doesn’t permit me to pay attention that that mind sport in present and I’m focused on my professional skill. So some time ago I’ve discovered very attractive hobby. This is horse racing :) so I decided to build a system (web) that will provide to users racing cards for future events from UK and Ireland (include statistics). This decision was based on some facts: 1. Interested in horse racing; 2. To build a system from scratch; 3. To apply best practices in software engineering and improve my professional skills in enterprise systems. To proceed with development I need a hand from you to give me starting points in that one. Could someone to help me to in that staff: • Define the goal of the system; • Define the futures of systems and which ones are more valuable in order to be prioritized. I am going to build system in .NET 4.0. Any ideas and help from your side will be very useful for me to start and for future cooperation. Best regards, Victor.

Re: Build a horse racing web system Victor you have asked a very broad question but I hope my suggestions are what you are looking for.

• Define the goal of the system;
For all UK and Irish racecards calculate and display the true win odds of all horses running.
• Define the futures of systems and which ones are more valuable in order to be prioritized.
Display the current odds available for each horse on your racecard so it can be compared with your predicted price. This IMO should be the basis of your 'system'.

Re: Build a horse racing web system

Victor you have asked a very broad question but I hope my suggestions are what you are looking for. Quote:
Originally Posted by dezvoltator viewpost.gif • Define the goal of the system;
For all UK and Irish racecards calculate and display the true win odds of all horses running. Quote:
Originally Posted by dezvoltator viewpost.gif • Define the futures of systems and which ones are more valuable in order to be prioritized.
Display the current odds available for each horse on your racecard so it can be compared with your predicted price. This IMO should be the basis of your 'system'.
Just like every other web site and newspaper - a FORECAST. Why not something that no one else can do and that is provide the winner of each race :rollinNow that would be something.