Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September What are people's thoughts on Croatia against Greece? Croatia have won every game at home, 5 in a row to be precise, 4 of these 5 have gone over 2.5 goals, they've not lost at home since 2008 when England won 4-1 walcott hat-trick and they've won every game at home since that. Greece were awful at the world cup but won against Nigeria, got an impressive win against Serbia in a friendly, drew 1-1 at home to Georgia on friday Surely with Modric back and after beating Latvia 3-0 away on friday this will be a win for Croatia?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September

What are people's thoughts on Croatia against Greece? Croatia have won every game at home, 5 in a row to be precise, 4 of these 5 have gone over 2.5 goals, they've not lost at home since 2008 when England won 4-1 walcott hat-trick and they've won every game at home since that. Greece were awful at the world cup but won against Nigeria, got an impressive win against Serbia in a friendly, drew 1-1 at home to Georgia on friday Surely with Modric back and after beating Latvia 3-0 away on friday this will be a win for Croatia?
I can see Croatia edging it in a tight game. Greece, as demonstrated in the World Cup, are a very defensively minded side. They were appalling in their group games but they do have the ability to pull off some good results in qualifying. They will be very happy to go away with one point but I think Croatia will have too much quality for them. Have been debating taking Croatia but am not convinced that 1.66 is value. Bet365 offer Croatia to win and under 2.5 goals for 3.2; I think this could be a good bet but personally am still undecided as to whether or not I will take it. I'd be interested to hear any other opinions, particularly those of Greeks and Croats.

I think turkey can win belgium because they play well at home and last match was prety good ... How others think ?
for me it is very likely that belgium will get at least one point, 1-1 is the most likely score to me. i watched the game against kazakstan and must say that turkey was very bad, especially in the defense and center midfield. The half of the team don't play regularly in their teams and are out of form. Turkey won 3:0 but the clear score is a bit misleading, because besides the goals, turkey didn't had any good chances. Kazakhstan even had the control of the midfield over nearly the whole second half. I am turkish myself, but against Kazakhstan i hadn't seen any thing positive from turkey, they have to show more against belgium and i am not sure if they are capable of doing more. In my opinion the best bets are : belgium to score at least 1 goal oder BTS i don't the odds for these bets, i am just writing my opinion about turkey.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Excellent news on the Sweden clean sheet price, its down to 1.2 which makes it unlikely to be corrected from the previously quoted 1.44 post game, I am confident of being paid at the price I got now..they have been foolish to quote such a price and will hopefully get stung for a fair amount. :ok

IMO 2.13 on france to beat bosnia represents great value as the french are just too strong of a team despite all the chaos surrounding the team and they will want to prove a point after the loss to belarus.
For the French A team maybe, but this isn't the first team. And would you really want to bet on a side that is still in complete turmoil. Bosnia are a very improving nation, and were unlucky not to qualify for the WC. So, it's not like they're facing European whipping boys. Although, having said that, maybe not playing as the favourite could aid the French.

IMO 2.13 on france to beat bosnia represents great value as the french are just too strong of a team despite all the chaos surrounding the team and they will want to prove a point after the loss to belarus.
I don't think is an argument for backing France at the minute, most of the team have never played together and they are basically a shambles..to lose to a reasonably organised but unspectacular Belarus side at home is pretty embarrassing and they didn't really play very well at all. Bosnia are not great at home but I would consider this game a virtual coin toss - any of the three outcomes are likely (the bookies agree as you can see from the prices) it would take a brave man to back anything in this game with confidence, I would prob go with the under 2.5 if forced due to France's lack of cohesion in the final third against a half decent side that are unlikely to go out too gung-ho at this stage of the qualifying campaign..a real no-bet for me, good luck though if you feel confident.

I don't think is an argument for backing France at the minute' date=' most of the team have never played together and they are basically a shambles..to lose to a reasonably organised but unspectacular Belarus side at home is pretty embarrassing and they didn't really play very well at all. Bosnia are not great at home but I would consider this game a virtual coin toss - any of the three outcomes are likely (the bookies agree as you can see from the prices) it would take a brave man to back anything in this game with confidence, I would prob go with the under 2.5 if forced due to France's lack of cohesion in the final third against a half decent side that are unlikely to go out too gung-ho at this stage of the qualifying campaign..a real no-bet for me, good luck though if you feel confident.[/quote'] thanks :) ive decided against putting a large bet on but i will probably put a small bet on just so i wont be too pissed off if france win lol.

Care to expand?
Its not an insult dude, plenty of people come on here with little justification for their picks, the 'xxxx need to win' is a popular favourite, its obviously more difficult to come up with tactical analysis for internationals because the games are so far apart and in games where there is little between the sides it is difficult to make a compelling argument..but in short, every team needs to win at this stage of the qualification process so statements like that have little weight when it comes to justifying a selection. :ok

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September My bad was just jumping to conclusions. I'm new to the site and was just giving my two cents. And I see what you mean about it having little effect on the game but I still think France will want yo prove a point that they are still one of the top footballing nations, as will visna want to prove that they are no pushovers but I'll probably stay away from this game ATM.:)

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Any early team news for England and the swiss? Probable lineups etc? Early thoughts are that England love imposing their might on lesser teams in qualifying stages of tournaments and like to build alot of momentum and create an image of perfection before the tournament much like the Germans and Dutch tend to do. The main difference however is that England then dont square up very well to quality opposition with superior tactics. Therefore focussing on this game the Swiss should be another notch on England's belt IF england field a decent 11 AND dont park the bus like they did againt Spain :@ (bad memories) Are they likely to play this way or open up at home? Cheers :)

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Malta - Latvia Malta did well in their previous couple of games. They managed a draw at home with Macedonia in a friendly, lost only 3-0 to Germany in may and last weekend 3-1 to Israel. Also, Malta plays very good at home and during the World Cup Qualifiers they had a nice game against Sweden and only lost due to a late own gaol. At the moment I consider Latvia to be at the same level with Malta even though they have more players who play on a higher level. Latvia did not manage any good results recently. They lost 3-0 at home to Croatia, 4-1 away to Cezh Republic and only managed 0-0 draws in friendlies against Lithuania and Estonia. Malta @ 5.00 Ladbrokes P.S. I expect it to be a lowscoring game with most likely outcome 1-0 or 2-0 for Malta, but I already have one accumulator for this round of games and don't want to push my luck with Malta to Win & Under 2.5 @ 7.00 available at William Hill.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Germany - Azerbaijan I was not impressed by Germany against Belgium, and like many people expected them to win 2-0 or 3-0. I'm guessing it is because the season has just started. I do not think that Germany will win this by many goals. We are organised team, have a good coach and we can easily manage 0-0 draw at a half time. Even though we lost 4-0 to Germany last year, we managed to defend well at half time and conceded only 1 goal from penalty and after we got a red card germany scored 3 goals. Most of our players play for FC Qarabag who have already played 8 competitive games in Europa League and are in a good form and also we normally we play better at the first half. Highest Scoring Half: 2nd @ 2.10 William Hill

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Belgium is just awful when it came to play away from home: Last 12 away games: Finland 1-0 Belgium Estonia 2-0 Belgium !!!! Armenia 2-1 Belgium Spain 5-0 Belgium Czech Rep 3-1 Belgium Japan 4-0 Belgium !!! Chile 1-1 Belgium Bosnia-Herzegovina 2-1 Belgium Luxembourg 1-1 Belgium !!!!!! Turkey 1-1 Belgium Germany 2-0 Belgium Italy 3-1 Belgium

My bad was just jumping to conclusions. I'm new to the site and was just giving my two cents. And I see what you mean about it having little effect on the game but I still think France will want yo prove a point that they are still one of the top footballing nations, as will visna want to prove that they are no pushovers but I'll probably stay away from this game ATM.:)
I'm going to come across as a patronising cock here, but anyway..... That thought process highlighted above will only lose you money in the long run.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September High stake treble: Italy - Faroe Islands = Italy -2 Switzerland - England = X or England Denmark - Iceland = Denmark Reasoning Italy have been struggling but they should beat Faroe Islands easily, which lost 0-3 at home against Serbia on Friday. At least i hope they do:hope After a easy win over Bulgaria i don't see England losing this one, just can't see it happen. And Iceland always lose to Denmark, we have never won in the history of football, and we are missing Eidur Gudjohnsen

Any early team news for England and the swiss? Probable lineups etc? Early thoughts are that England love imposing their might on lesser teams in qualifying stages of tournaments and like to build alot of momentum and create an image of perfection before the tournament much like the Germans and Dutch tend to do. The main difference however is that England then dont square up very well to quality opposition with superior tactics. Therefore focussing on this game the Swiss should be another notch on England's belt IF england field a decent 11 AND dont park the bus like they did againt Spain :@ (bad memories) Are they likely to play this way or open up at home? Cheers :)
England team should be: ------------ Hart ------------ Johnson, Cahill, Jageilka, A.Cole Walcott, Gerrard, Barry, Milner ------- Rooney, Defoe ------- There has been doubts over Rooney playing after allegations over his private life. :eyes But Rooney travelled with squad which would seem to indicate that he'll be playing at least some part in the game.

Also would like to add that most players in Belarus play in their home league, which will end in the next few months, so they are in good physical condition. I will take them, because I expect price to drop closer to kick off. Belarus @ 2.60 Paddy Power
And almost all the players in deffense play in the same team, Bate Borizov, they show discipline against France, expecting a counter until they did. I will take this one too. Regards

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 7th September Also I will bet for correct score, I will take 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, based in their previous encounters in 2004 when Sweden beat 5-0 and 6-0 to San Marino. Althought in this match will play Daniel Örlund from Rosemborg because Andreas Isakson from PSV is injured, but I don't think San Marino could be a treathen for the swedish deffense. Sweden 4-0 @ 6.5 Sweden 5-0 @ 7 Sweden 6-0 @ 8.5

I'm going to come across as a patronising cock here, but anyway..... That thought process highlighted above will only lose you money in the long run.
no you dont, i just sound like a twat honestly, i just have a really good feeling about france and didnt really know how to express that without sounding like a knob

no you dont, i just sound like a twat honestly, i just have a really good feeling about france and didnt really know how to express that without sounding like a knob
:lol that was funny m8 :ok everyone has his own opinion...

:welcome to PL evanzzz You don't sound like a knob mate, and all opinions are welcome here. :ok Teams "needing to win" or "having something to prove" are a bit of an old chestnut on here, but don't let that put you off voicing your opinions. For what it's worth, I wouldn't be backing France against anyone just at the moment, but I do think that playing away from home could be a godsend for them tomorrow night, as they looked very nervous in front of their own fans last week. It's one of those games where no result would surprise me (there's another cliche for you!), but if you have a gut feeling for France and you think the price is value, then go for it. :hope

:welcome to PL evanzzz You don't sound like a knob mate, and all opinions are welcome here. :ok Teams "needing to win" or "having something to prove" are a bit of an old chestnut on here, but don't let that put you off voicing your opinions. For what it's worth, I wouldn't be backing France against anyone just at the moment, but I do think that playing away from home could be a godsend for them tomorrow night, as they looked very nervous in front of their own fans last week. It's one of those games where no result would surprise me (there's another cliche for you!), but if you have a gut feeling for France and you think the price is value, then go for it. :hope
ty mate, i was thinking of doing a fourway bet: croatia-greece turkey-belgium switzerland-england czech republic-lithuania odds of 6.83 at irisheyes im pretty confident that croatia,greece and the czechs will win but im not too sure about england despite the fact that switzerland have some horrible injury problems. any opinions would be much helpful