Redcar 28/08

Lars

19:50 Perhaps selected the most trappy race of them all :lol, however, after a good look through most of the runners, many of whom with no recent form whatsoever, I have a fairly solid selection. Hopefully the 4 places will remain, but I don't think the 9/1 on offer for French Fantasy will remain by the off time. This horse of Hughie Morrison has been campaigned over 5/6f since handicapping, and her best runs have been over this 6f trip. Handicap debut was an extremely promising run at Chepstow off 2lbs higher, where she ran gamely throughout, and after a fairly long break, was promising. Then she absolutely failed when beaten favourite at Bath, not handling the track and hanging all over the place, I also think the bit perhaps slipped in her mouth, so the tongue tie reached for today is a definite positive. Her next run at Nottingham was better, running creditably but it was on softer ground which I don't think suited. A 5f sprint lto was too quick for her, but stayed on at the end having probably gone off too fast, small field wouldn't have helped as well. Interesting the trainer brings her all the way up here, and on her pedigree (closely related to 80+ sprinters), she should be a hell of a lot better than this sort of race. One of the few in this race with any potential improvement, and I think she can go close today. Joe Fanning booking extremely positive. Down another 1lb in the handicap is also a positive. 1pt EW @ 9/1 William Hill BOG