Newmarket - Saturday 28th August

2:45 Newmarket: Byronic 2pts win 9/1 Bet365 & Whaileyy 1pt win 5/1 Sportingbet Byronic looks to be a horse on the up, his win at Windsor looks good following the runs of some of those in behind him both the second Morache Music and Regal Approval won next time out. Whaileyy has a similar profile, his win at Yarmouth has been franked and with Sir Michael Stoute having a good record with two year olds at HQ he looks likely to run well.

Newmarket - Sat 28th August 14:15 Newmarket I fancy Leviathan to land this competitive handicap for Tom Tate. The lightly raced colt has only been on the track 6 times, 5 of those runs were last year as a 2 year old. He won at Hamilton over 6 furlongs on his debut before coming 5/5 in a minor event, swerved left at the start that day so that run can be ignored in my opinion. He then went on to finish 3/10 at Newmarket when making the step up to 7 furlongs for the first time. A 7th place at york followed before winning a Nursery race at Doncaster over todays trip of 7f in Good To Soft conditions. He beat Yaa Wahl by half a length that day and they were a bit clear of the 3rd place. That form has worked out quite well as Yaa Wahl has won three and placed twice in all 5 runs since, all of those have been in 2010. His latest win came in a listed event at York and he is now rated 115, was rated 83 in the race with Leviathan and my selection was only 1lb lower than him in the nursery race. My selection has only had the one run this season so far and was his first run in around 9 months, this was also his first run on the AW. He was slowly away and finished well off the winner but I feel he can come on for that run and will be much more at home back on the turf. The soft ground today is unknown but due to the fact he has won on GS then I feel he has a better chance of liking the ground compared to others in the race. Trainers only runner at this track today and he holds a 14% strike rate here which is pretty good. 1pt E/W Leviathan @ 9/1 (Bet365 - BOG)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.