Both teams to score/michael wray

started this on some other site what i noticed the other week that out of possible 23 games mr wrays software predicted 11 games for both teams to score so heres 1st weeks link https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tZtLRFkFEVYDgyrjWHfKiOA&ui=1#gid=0 and heres 21/weeks link [url=https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ak14aRtxX-IddDhsNDRaY2tQMzhFVTFRanJ0NFllV2c&hl=en#gid=0]https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=t8l44ZckP38EU1Qjrt4YeWg#gid=0 now what im hoping to do is get the right picks an hay presto im quids in :nana will be adding thing to this like using pauls ross rating as well see if they match or if you could paul how do your rating fair in picking both teams to score? maybe you could look in to that for me as ive found noway of checkin unless i missed a back data page anyway :hope

Re: Both teams to score/michael wray https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ak14aRtxX-IddGFTVjJ2NXYtZS1SLTNmY0J3MzV4M3c&hl=en#gid=0 heres MW predictions for next weekends matches will put my picks up later in the week im goin to pick 1 double £2 @3.25 1 treble@£2 5.50 and quad@£2 10.00 i started of with a £100 bank losing the 1st to weeks and my double came in 2day £2@9/4 sorry 3.25 which leaves me @ a bank of £94.50

Re: Both teams to score/michael wray

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ak14aRtxX-IddGFTVjJ2NXYtZS1SLTNmY0J3MzV4M3c&hl=en#gid=0 heres MW predictions for next weekends matches will put my picks up later in the week im goin to pick 1 double £2 @3.25 1 treble@£2 5.50 and quad@£2 10.00 i started of with a £100 bank losing the 1st to weeks and my double came in 2day £2@9/4 sorry 3.25 which leaves me @ a bank of £94.50
Hi servecold, good luck with this. In order to get the correct predictions from the MW spreadsheets you need to wait until all the previous round fixtures have been played before using the predictions for the next round of games, otherwise your selections may not be correct. So for instance there are still 3 EPL games to be played and the results from these games will affect the predictions for the next round of fixtures.

Hi mate' date=' a 'round' doesn't actually have any bearing on the predictive side of the correct scores. You could do it match by match.[/quote'] Hi muppet77. It is my understanding that the predictive side of the MW spreadsheets is influenced by each game played within a league and if you do not enter the results in the correct date order then this too has an effect. None of us knows the inner workings of the sheets but this has been discussed and I believe (from memory) proven before on Merlin's long running thread. I could be wrong, of course, but it seems logical to me that the previous weeks results would have an effect on the current weeks predictions. Indeed this was proven for me as because Blackpool had beaten Wigan 4-0 last week they were predicted to beat Arsenal 3-0 this week. However if you take the Blackpool/Wigan result out then Arsenal are predicted to beat Blackpool 4-0.

Re: Both teams to score/michael wray Hi mate I have had a "good look" at MW's excel sheets and had a look at the workings. Obviously the more data you input the better. However the system does not understand 'rounds' as such. It looks at previous games, but not rounds.

Hi mate I have had a "good look" at MW's excel sheets and had a look at the workings. Obviously the more data you input the better. However the system does not understand 'rounds' as such. It looks at previous games, but not rounds.
Thats fair enough, but I'm sure that you can agree that the last match that a team plays has an affect on the prediction for their next match and that each result entered may alter the various strength weightings for all teams and can therefore have an affect on other teams predicted results. Its just the way I see it and as I have not got the knowledge required to be able to look at how the MW sheets work I may be wrong.:ok

Ie it is better to put in saturday results to get a prediction for sunday than to not "because its the same round" and use a prediction from friday.
That was pretty much the point I was trying to get across as servecold had produced predictions for the next set of fixtures before all teams had played the previous set.