BBOTD - 20th of August

1:45 York - Desert Recluse - .5pts e/w @ 20/1 (Coral - BOG) Backed this one last time out in the big handicap at Ascot four weeks ago, he ran well enough against his elders and finished a 2 3/4 length 4th behind Colloquial, he got boxed in a couple of times and ran on near the end, that was over 2m and he's dropped a further 2f which will suit him perfectly, he has lots of speed and will hopefully be staying on near the end better than most and looks severely underrated by the odds compilers. He is also a course winner when winning here by 6 lengths in a good handicap off a 10lb lower mark, he's highly progressive, only has had 12 starts (won 5) so he's open to more improvement and may have found 2m on the tough side last twice, he has won over this 1m 6f trip before when winning at Sandown. There should be a good pace in this race and that will suit him, the ground is also ideal for him and he will stay this trip with ease. Richard Hughes is on board and he doesn't often ride for Pat Eddery, if Richard gets him settled in mid division and sets him off late I feel he has a solid chance, the horse tends to run quite free but Hughes is good at settling them so that will be key. Hughes is also due a winner at this meeting, he's 0 from 12 so far and it wouldn't be like him to go away without a winner so he'll be desperate to get his first of three rides tomorrow across the line in first. He looks massive at 20/1 and I'd have him around 8/1 back against his own age group, decent sized each way bet for me and hopefully it proves worthwhile!

Re: BBOTD - 20th of August I keep picking the wrong one for this so hopefully get a winner tomorrow! 2.15 Rainbow Peak WIN 7/4 Laddies Classy horse who I backed heavily at Ascot when winning a listed race (easily beating Kings Gambit that day). Still highly progressive and highly thought of. Has an entry in a Group 1 in October and this seems to be yet another stepping stone. Won over this distance before although shorter from last impressive win, but no concern and the race is all about 1 horse imo.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.