Spanish Premier League 09-10

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to be posting this question but i'll put it up here anyways and see if anyone has any answers. I've been backtesting a lay system recently in the run up to the new football season. I've run it in multiple leagues over the last four seasons and as with many other soccer laying systems, i have found that English Prem and Italia Seria A are the most stable and best performers in terms of strike rates. My question is in regard to the Spanish Prem. The league showed a consistent strike rate of approximately 85% using my system in the 06, 07 and 08 seasons. However last season (09-10 season) the strike rate mysteriously jumped to 95%. My question is can anyone think of a reason why the Spanish league would suddenly become such a good performer when previous seasons had been unreliable and poor at best... Was last season in Spain a strange one for any reason??? I only ask because i'm debating whether to include the Spanish Prem in my system for this season or not. If the league follows its trend from last year, the system should work excellently however if not, it might be a total disaster.... Any reason to assume that last year was a fluke in Spain?

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Spanish Premier League 09-10 difficult to answer without knowing your sistem but keep in mind that last season spanish Liga was totally dominated by Barça and R.Madrid. They both only lost a match each, something that hadn't happened in previous seasons.