Women's Poker League on Pokerstars

starshine

Pokerstars has a women's poker league from this month on. Sounds not bad, there are monthly prizes for the best, and yearly prizes as well. They had been late with informing, I just got the email now, but I looked at the rankings, and it might still be worth to start this month, even with nearly half of it gone. Win cash and event packages every month! The PokerStars Women’s Poker League is the perfect way for all female poker players to have fun, compete against other players from around the world and win some incredible prizes. With buy-ins starting from just $5.50/€5.50, everyone can take part, and there are tournaments running every day. You’ll be playing for league points every time you enter a tournament, with cash and PokerStars Ladies’ Luxury Events packages up for grabs. Prizes will be awarded to the players with the most points at the end of every month and the end of the year! You even get points just for taking part, so the more you play, the more you earn! You can keep track of where you stand on the league table on the Rankings page. The table will be updated regularly, so make sure you keep checking back.

Re: Women's Poker League on Pokerstars

Wish I could play that one too, but to have a gender changing operation just for a promo might be going a bit far :unsure
You should give the changing operation a thought :lol monthly winner europe takes 200 Euro, and best of year takes 1000 Euro plus a luxury live event package, which on stars often is live event, plus cocktail evening, plus wellness treatment and bits shopping money ;) so might be worth it :lol

• 1 month later...

Re: Women's Poker League on Pokerstars First time since I play this, that I see a final table there. I am the shortest, so prob be out on 9th, but at least I saw that an ft does exist in that tourney :lol, gives good points though as well. As my best points result was 5 points. Now I get more which is good

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Women's Poker League on Pokerstars 23rd in the October league, this isn't good enough at all, as stars is refusing to post the overall yearly league (which from my view is very strange and not at all a proper business behaviour) I can not look where I stand there, but I think there is not at all a chance anymore to reach top 10 in the yearlys. And to reach top 50 I think I need to finish the November and December League in the top 10 Hello plstarshine, Congratulations - you have been credited with a PokerStars league prize! League: WPL2 Oct_2010 Place: 23 Prize money: EUR 10.00 * If you have any questions regarding the league, please contact [email protected]. Regards, PokerStars Support

• 1 month later...

Re: Women's Poker League on Pokerstars 22nd in december league, which is not bad, as I not played all december (1 and a half week I couldnt due to time), became 35th in the yearly ranking, which now annoys me bit about myself, as I left it out couple of times, with holidays or could not bother added together about 2 month, so could have a better result. In the yearly prizes though :) It will go ahead next year, not sure if stars changes the prizes, and I cant see this as they bit crappy with updating the womens league homepage. Buy in stays, 5.50 euro for the euro division, daily plus 55 euro for the Sunday special It is a good league, it could have a bit more players, it is not an easy league and quite a hard fighting in times I will go ahead doing it and would be nice if other women would join. The only bad thing about it is, that stars really not get the points organized, so should someone do it, I would really advise to write results and points down and compare. I do not know why they can't handle this. The german division league with many more players gets updated 3times a week. The women's league gets updated not really regularly, well or regularly once in a while. And than sometimes the points are not correct. Which is really annoying. So I hope they better this.

Re: Women's Poker League on Pokerstars Seems like this is on a break at moment, there was a bit (a lot) confussness at beginning of january. Games all been going, but by accident I found out that the league was not going :lol. Sara from Pokerstars said new league will start february, and probably new times, and better prizes. I staying in contact with them, so as soon I know I will post. Todays game was cancelled so I assume there are no more games in January. A few more of us girls playing it would be great to be honest, as prizes are quite fine. I hope they make it bit later from time, this for sure is helpful as it starts bit early at moment.

• 1 month later...

Re: Women's Poker League on Pokerstars Starting again today, with a lots of changes. I can not say anything about new prizes yet, as Stars not have updated their homepage, will update here as soon they did. All I can say now, is there will be 4 divisions , first like before Euro and US division. Than the new change is each of them has 2 divisions 10 cent and 1.10 Dollar The 10 cent division Euro start 18:00 UK time, the 1.10 Euro division start 19:00 UK time I not looked when the US division starts as this is sometime middle of the nite

Re: Women's Poker League on Pokerstars Win cash and event packages every month! The PokerStars Women’s Poker League is the perfect way for female poker players to have fun, compete against other players from around the world and win some incredible prizes. With two levels of play, the buy-ins are $0.10 or $1.10, all women players can take part, and there are tournaments running every day. You’ll be playing for league points every time you enter a tournament, with cash and PokerStars Women Live Events packages up for grabs. Prizes will be awarded to the players with the most points at the end of every month and the end of the year! You even get points just for taking part, so the more you play, the more you earn! You can keep track of where you stand on the league table on the Rankings page. The table will be updated regularly, so make sure you keep checking back. Weekly Freerolls The weekly Sunday freerolls are a fun way to play with your girlfriends and win league tickets for free. Women’s Poker League freerolls take place every Sunday at 14:00 ET and award 100 $0.10 league tickets every week. It’s your chance to try the Women’s Poker League completely free of charge! If you’re new to PokerStars, this is the perfect time to start playing at the world’s largest poker site. Simply download the free poker software and follow the onscreen instructions to get started. Players making their first real money deposit are also eligible for PokerStars 100% welcome bonus up to $600! Don’t forget that this is just one of the many great activities on offer for female poker players. Visit the PokerStars Women page for more exclusive female-only promotions and all the latest news. How to Play the Women’s Poker League There are tournaments running every day at the times listed below, with points awarded in each. There are two league levels, a $0.10 league and a $1.10 league, with two tourneys every day at both levels. To register, open the PokerStars lobby, click ‘Tourney’ & ‘All’.

$0.10 Buy-In League Date Time $1.10 Buy-In League Date Time
$0.10 Daily 13:00 ET and 20:00ET $1.10 Daily 14:00 ET and 21:00 ET
Weekly Freeroll
Buy-in Day Time Prizes
Free Sunday 14:00 ET 100 x $0.10 League Tickets
Points Points will be awarded in each tournament as follows.
Place Points
1 20
2 18
3 16
4 15
5 14
6 13
7 12
8 11
9 10
Any other cash 5
Taking part 1
Prizes Cash prizes and Ladies Luxury Event packages will be awarded as follows. Monthly
Position $0.10 Buy-in League Position $1.10 Buy-in League
1 $100 1 $250
2 $90 2 $170
3 $80 3 $140
4 $70 4 $120
5 $60 5 $100
6 $50 6 $90
7 $40 7 $80
8 $30 8 $60
9 $20 9 $50
10 $15 10 $40
11-20 $10 11-20 $30
21-50 $7.50 21-50 $20
51-100 $5 51-100 $10
Yearly
Position $0.10 Buy-in League Position $1.10 Buy-in League
1 PokerStars Women Live Event Package 1 PokerStars Women Live Event Package
2 $500 2 $1,000
3 $400 3 $900
4 $300 4 $800
5 $200 5 $700
06-10 $100 6 $600
11-25 $50 7 $500
26-50 $20 8 $400
51-100 $10 9 $300
N/A N/A 10 $200
N/A N/A 11-30 $100
N/A N/A 31-50 $50
N/A N/A 51-100 $10

Re: Women's Poker League on Pokerstars I just contacted stars and wait for there answer, but it looks like I not going to do this anymore unless the prizes are going to change. I did not notice this before as I thought with having two games in each buy in, it will stay the same with Euro and US division like it did last year. But well it did not. Last year there been prize for the best euro and the best us player. Now there is only prize for the best 10 cent player and the best 1,10 dollar player. But there are daily two games each, one in the evening and the other in the middle of the nite. As stars has as well changed that registration is only short before tourney possible, there isnt much of a chance for me to just register and sit out to at least get a point. So this gives a good advantage to all US players who can do the early game which is morning for them or at least register for it. Which means in the end the good prizes or nearly all go to players of the United States. So why should I do it than, it was great fun, but with having no chance to even try to get a prize I really can not bother, no matter how good or no good ;) I would be there, I would just get half the points of others and there are a lot americans playing both. So well never mind. Nice idea, started chaotic and turned out bit disappointing now, is really sad :(

Re: Women's Poker League on Pokerstars I don't know who this is really aimed at. 2 tournaments a day is way too much for most recreational players, yet with the buy-ins set so low, I can't see many more serious players bothering either. If only your top x scores counted that may be OK, as you would not feel you needed to play all the games to get anywhere in the league. I'll unsticky the thread. :ok Our league is much better anyway. :D

Re: Women's Poker League on Pokerstars I would not even mind two if I would have the possibility to play, but not even I am so crazy to set my alarmclock every nite for a daily/nitely league and give up social live completely. It was much better before, when they had it separated in Europe and US division I have noticed that none of the top girls of last year had been joining this new one

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: Women's Poker League on Pokerstars Hello both, welcome to PL I think we get bit mixed up here, all those who applied today for the homegameclub, please post in following link The Pokerstars women league is something different than the Punterslounge Ladies League on stars, both on Stars, but different prizes http://forum.punterslounge.com/f17/punterslounge-ladies-only-league-pokerstars-leg-1-9-thurs-2nd-june-117785/