Southwell - Monday 9th August

Re: Southwell - Monday 9th August 3.00 Southwell Generally a good looking card at southwell, and this handicap includes several good course winners from the winter/spring! Miss Glitters is always of interest round here havng won 3 from 6 starts but signs the handicapper might just have her for now and also this massive step up in trip doesnt look a positive move. Profits Reality went well round here during the winter and there has been a general sign in his last 2 runs that he isnt without hope right now and a return here could bring a little more but remains 5lb higher than last win and he struggled off highers marks after that win round here is a concern and stable are massively out of form. But for me at the prices Veloso looks a massive price, the yard are in awful form at the moment but always do well round here and proved that last week with Luscivicious winnign at 16/1 and have 11 winners from 52 runners in last 5 season with a strike rate of 21% and LSP of +67.25. Veloso was mighty progressive round here at start of season winning a handicap very easily off 65 and followed that up off 71 and just failed to folow that up on turf when being run down by the useful My Arch but then went to score again back round here off 77 beating the useful Ella has since been a no show on fast turf and had a break until some softer ground appeared and ran well enough and should strip fitter for that and could still be capable of more progression back around here. 0.5pt e/w Veloso 13/2 hills 4.30 Southwell Another good handicap with many course regulars but the most overpriced one has to be Transonic, he has been rejuvinated by this yard around this course winning his last 4 starts here and bounced back from a dsappointing run on turf last time round here and needs to do the same again today and 9lb rise looks fair for an easy win and has gone well fresh in the past! 0.5pt e/w transonic 12/1 bet365

Re: Southwell - Monday 9th August Amanda Carter 3.00 Southwell 12-1 Hills (EACH WAY) Followed this horse for some time and as previously mentioned was 2nd to Suzis Decision at Pontefract, that one now rated in the 100's. More recent form was an 8 length beating of Demolition and that has been franked since. Definitely gets the trip, is only rated 3lb higher than that 8 length win and no fitness concerns now. Was last at Doncaster but never even put in the race and not given a hard time, ran over an inadequate 10f last time out and never in with any chance. Has won over 12f and further and won over 2m over hurdles. Hanagan takes the ride and the only question mark for me is the surface, if it takes to the AW here 12-1 will look massive.

Re: Southwell - Monday 9th August 2.30 Hard one to solve Sirens will hopefully improve on his latest run were he only managed to finish 3/4 on the AW, Back for tea should improve over this shortest trip and at least make the frame or maybe even better just to give the horse a boost before sending back over longer trips. Advice back Sirens £8 Win @ 7/2 W/Skybet & Back For Tea £6 Win @ 5/1 W/Paddy Power

Re: Southwell - Monday 9th August SPEED DATING 3.00 Southwell. Place Lay. Never been out the first 2 when it comes to aw handicaps, so maybe not the best idea to oppose in the place market. However, I just feel that the way the weights pan out, he may struggle to be involved in the finish of this race. Knowing Sir Mark that won't bother him, as he'll probably have a race planned out, so I'm prepared to let him place if he likes at around the 1/2 mark.

Re: Southwell - Monday 9th August 5:00 Southwell Scruffy Skip 1pt EW - 13/2 (Skybet) Bookiesindexboy 0.5pt EW - 16/1 (VC) I think these are two very good prices. Scruffy Skip has run 10 times at Southwell in his career, placing on seven occasions, four of them being wins. After winning twice in a row, he was sent out to Brighton and Lingfield, on good to firm ground. This clearly didn't suit and he finished well down the field on both occasions. Conditions are now back in his favour and my only worry is the jockey, but I think the price makes up for that. Bookiesindexboy is a horse that does almost all it's work on the bridle. His only win this year was at this course, the jockey didn't have to move a muscle and he won nicely. I think the report 'very easily' flatters him, because it's just the way he runs. However, 16/1 at Southwell (rated 18lbs better on the a/w) must be taken in my eyes. Craine is on board and does seem to ride him pretty well, finishing close up on quite a few occasions. 3:00 Southwell Proud Times 1pt EW - 5/1 (Skybet) Speed Dating is currently going at around 5/2, which I think is poor value compared to Proud Times, who has already beaten Speed Dating, and is very lightly raced so open to improvement. He clearly prefers slower ground as all his best efforts on turf have been when the ground has been described as good to soft or heavy. If anything, Southwell is going to suit this horse. McDonald is back on board, and the trainer has had quite a few good winners in the past 14 days so I'm expecting a decent run.

Re: Southwell - Monday 9th August 3.00 Nave I can see this improving again after his 1 length win LTO and even though he has gone 5lbs up in weights he still looks like he can defy the handicapper and has also got the advantage of sitting off a dangerous weight. Amanda Carters form of late has not been good but will be boosted by the inform Hanagan on board and should improve and get back her form from last year. Advice back Nave £6 E/W @ 11/2 W/VCBet & Amanda Carter £4 E/W @ 14/1 W/Skybet

Re: Southwell - Monday 9th August 4.30 Esprit De Midas Has a fantastic chance off this mark, Ran a good race LTO and down by 5lbs on that run and trainer should expect a big race from him today, Realt Na Mara Should go off a good price and is not without a chance, Seb Saunders takes the ride but does have a big step up in class but could be e/w value, Fantasy Gladiator is another who should be there at the finish, sitting at the bottom of the weights and is weighted to improve again. Advice back Esprit De Midas £8 Win @ 6/1 W/Sportingbet, Realt Na Mara £3 E/W @ 14/1 W/Skybet & Fantasy Gladiator £8 Win @ 6/1.

Re: Southwell - Monday 9th August 16:30 Southwell I feel Hughie Morrison's Realt Na Mara could be the value pick of this race. The gelding has won three times from nine visits at this track and has placed a further four times so its clear he acts well at this track. Did make a winning reappearnace over this trip at at Lingffield LTO and faces a 3lb rise in the weights for that win. Should come on for that run though and despite being off a career high mark, he definately holds claims in this race. The Confessor should have a good chance of landing a hat-trick if he takes to the fibresand and I would have him down as the main danger. 0.5pts E/W Realt Na Mara @ 12/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: Southwell - Monday 9th August

16:30 Southwell I feel Hughie Morrison's Realt Na Mara could be the value pick of this race. The gelding has won three times from nine visits at this track and has placed a further four times so its clear he acts well at this track. Did make a winning reappearnace over this trip at at Lingffield LTO and faces a 3lb rise in the weights for that win. Should come on for that run though and despite being off a career high mark, he definately holds claims in this race. The Confessor should have a good chance of landing a hat-trick if he takes to the fibresand and I would have him down as the main danger. 0.5pts E/W Realt Na Mara @ 12/1 (Paddy Power - BOG)
Argh opted for the wrong one, The Confessor wins @ 8/1 :wall Absolutely fantastic price as well :sad