Only a few comments needed

Ok, here’s a bit of a stab in the dark with this new system, and I'm still in the early days of paper-trialling it, so all results published are only what would be if I'd placed the bets :ok. This system 'Only a Few Comments Needed' might sound even dafter than my maiden one, but daft, racing and I go together well. You don't need to buy the Racing Post but do need to look at it online. Every race must be scanned but don't worry because it literally takes a couple of minutes to do the entire day's racing, even on a busy day like today. I'll give the rules below in a simplified version. I know most people on here can work out what to do almost instantly, but the simplified bit is purely for anyone new who might wish to follow. Method: Go to Racing Post online Click CARDS (under the main HOME symbol at the top left of the screen) Click the top race which today is the 2.10 at Ascot Once clicked you see the race runners, the betting guide underneath and then under the betting guide it probably already highlights Verdict DIOMED. (Members can log-in and see Spotlight's Verdict BUT we DO NOT want that one - we simply want the free DIOMED Verdict :ok). Below is DIOMED's Verdict for the 2.10 Ascot: "Things could finally fall right for classy PROHIBIT with Christophe Soumillon taking over in the saddle. Both he and Secret Asset will appreciate the return to a strongly run 5f and look the most interesting runners in the field." We show NO FURTHER INTEREST in this race. Look through EVERY RACE that day but DO NOT include Ireland as DIOMED does not offer a Verdict for those. You might have to jot a few figures down as we simply CHOOSE THE HORSE THAT GETS THE LEAST NUMBER OF COMMENTS. I'll show you by using today's example: Today’s runner on this system is Life and Soul in the 2.45 Ascot. Below is DIOMED's Verdict of the race: "LIFE AND SOUL could well be the answer." Discounting the horse's name, only 5 words are used. I know this sounds rather crazy, but let's just keep an eye on it to see how it does. I could show you this week's results alone which would literally astound you, but then we all know that could be just one good week after several bad ones, so it's best to just roll this out for all to see. Reasoning behind it: Ok, as this is a newish system I'll try to offer my reasoning, but please feel free to contribute. Whether we agree with people like DIOMED or not, they are considered expert, or at least more expert than I am, hence people like him doing the job for the Racing Post. He'll have been examining the runners and come to a conclusion at the end. Some races get a decent bit of a write-up as there are several horses with an interesting chance. Other races though get hardly any write-up at all, and many of you might have initially thought that this was because it was a dire race at a smaller meeting. Today’s example clearly cancels out that theory.

As my thinking into my maiden system demonstrates, I like to try and find the positives and the main positive I have about this system is that after carefully considering all the facts and evidence, DIOMED clearly thinks hardly any further comments are needed as the horse selected is probably going to win; simple as that!

Recent winners do not only have one horse mentioned either. For example some past winners have said something along the lines of: Horse A should have the beating of Horse B. Ignoring the horses’ names, still only 5 words were used to sum-up this race – Horse A clearly being the selection.

Limitations:

What is the acceptable number of comments allowed to make a horse a selection? Yesterday the horse that had the least number of comments still had 12 so that didn’t count. For now I’m going to limit it to a maximum of 5 – like today’s, but we’ll just see how we go with that. What if there are 2 with the same number of comments? Then they’re both selections!

Can’t think what other problems there might be at this stage, but please feel free to add or offer questions.

Staking:

100 point bank Staking will vary depending on the odds: Where 1/4 odds are offered then anything 4-1 or bigger is 1 point each-way. Anything less = 2 points win. Where 1/5 odds are offered then anything 5-1 or bigger is 1 point each-way. Anything smaller = 2 points win.

Any teething problems we’ll iron-out as we go along. :ok:hope

Re: Only a few comments needed Today's first selection: 2.45 A Life and Soul Got a choice here: Either 9-2 widely available at 1/5 odds for a 2 point win bet, or, 4-1 widely available at 1/4 odds for a 1 point each-way bet. One limitation already I hadn't thought of. Let's go WIN. 9-2 Paddy Power 2 points win :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.