Haydock (eve) - Friday 6th August

Re: Haydock (eve) - Friday 6th August 6.55 Haydock Taking a bit of a chance here as i feel Fantasy Fry is a worthy, strong favourite. Fantasy Fry has shown improvement in all his races and won nicely last time out but seeing ground this soft for the first time is enough to make me look elsewhere at bigger prices. Belle Royale has been consistent at this level and has won on this sort of ground but in the end i have decided to take a small risk with the top weight Arctic Mirage. Arctic Mirage is far less exposed than Belle Royale, having raced only 3 times compared to the latter’s 9, and also has a pedigree that includes relatives who have won over this sort of distance and at an early stage. He showed his inexperience on his first run so that can be discarded whilst next time out he was a solid 4th against some decent opposition. He never got a clear run that day and when he found space he ran on well suggesting that more could have been done should the gaps have opened up earlier. He finally got off the mark a couple of weeks ago over todays distance and on good to soft ground. He was penalised for that easy win, hence the top weight today, but i think he can get up there into 2nd at least. 0.25pt E/W Arctic Mirage SP

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.