Newmarket (eve) - Friday 6th August

Newmarket

Time Race Distance Entries (NR)
5:40 PM Home Of Racing Nursery 7f 9 (0)
6:10 PM Firestone Building Products Selling Stakes 7f 19 (0)
6:45 PM Talk Night Club Maiden Stakes 7f 17 (0)
7:15 PM Honeytrap At Talk Night Club Handicap 1m 2f 15 (0)
7:50 PM Newmarket Nights Conditions Stakes 1m 2f 6 (0)
8:20 PM newmarketracecourses.co.uk Handicap 6f 12 (0)

Re: Newmarket (eve) - Friday 6th August 7.15 Newmarket Denton finally got back on track with a real eye catching win last time out beating the potentially well handicap amazing blue sky, same jockey today and a 6lb penalty could be easy to overturn, with ground now with some cut in it he should go well again and has strung good efforts together before winning 3 on the trot last year! 1pt win denton

Re: Newmarket (eve) - Friday 6th August 7.15 Manshoor EW 25/1 PP Not really been running well this term, but won twice last year on the AW over this distance and further. Crept up in the weights as a result and has struggled but now running off 74 and last win was off 75. Buick takes the ride and although trainer is not on form has had a few lacers at nice prices and this one looks to have a shout at a big price.

Re: Newmarket (eve) - Friday 6th August 5:40 Newmarket - Honourable Knight - 1pt @ 5/1 (PaddyPower) This race is only a nursery handicap so it's not one for big stakes but this one caught my eye on a couple of occasions. Only cost €1,000 and doesn't jump out on breeding but won a decent maiden over 6f at Salisbury. Went into a similar contest to this last time out, ran well for a long time but couldn't quicken in the final furlong, that was his first try over 7f and I expect he'll be better for that experience and having a better jockey on board will help also. Kieren Fallon takes the ride and he gave him a lovely ride when winning his maiden, he rarely rides for this trainer either and they're 2 from 6 when teaming up. Fallon has an excellent 19% strike rate at this course, rides it very well and the last time he rode here he won 3 of his 4 rides with the other coming second. Fallon has also been in grand form of late and if he can give another canny ride to this fellow and get him settled in a good position behind the likely strong pace I think he has a good chance. Looks overpriced at 5/1 and worth a small bet. The ground is also ideal for him, probably was a bit fast last time out but should be more suitable as it stands. 8:20 Newmarket - Ginger Ted - 1pt @ 8/1 (StanJames) Backed this one last time out when he came a 1l second to Tadalavil on softish ground at Ayr. Only beaten by 5l when coming 7th to Suited And Booted who's an extremely good Hannon 3 year old who has went on to win a hot handicap off a rating of 90. The ground is no problem and has a good jockey on board who has won on him before. Lots of pace in the race which is perfect for him to run on late as is his style, he looks one of the only runners who constantly come off the pace to challenge so it may be set up for him, whether he's good enough is another question but he's constantly improving and may have more yet to come. Looks a good price at 8/1 and should go well from a sound draw. It is Guillambert's only ride of the day for a trainer he doesn't often ride for. He gets a 5lb weight allowance for age and has a good chance in my opinion, small win bet at tasty odds.

Re: Newmarket (eve) - Friday 6th August Two small interest win & place on BF for me tonight. 7.15 AUSSIE BLUE 60W 12P trainer has done me plenty of favours this year and interesting jockey booking although im not a big fan! Starting to slip to a suitable mark and ground to suit. Up in trip so trail and error here so small stakes for me. 8.20 BRUNELLESCH 30W 7.6P I fancy this one a bit more. Three time CD winner who goes well for jock. Needs to bounce back to form but has done in the past and now on a good mark.

Re: Newmarket (eve) - Friday 6th August 7.15 Newmarket Harlestone Times 1pt EW - 16/1 Zubova 0.5pt EW - 25/1 I like these two at big prices. Harelstone Times is open to plenty of improvement having only raced 5 times to date. Wasn't given a hard time on his reappearence this year and will come on for that run. Did nothing but improve for each run last year, going down marginally to Avon Lady at Brighton staying on late. Will have no problem with the ground and if coming on from his first outing could run a big race. Zubova is a quirky sort, having been sent off at short odds to usually find one or two horses too good, but always finishing close up. Finally got her head in front at odds of 11/1, generally unfancied. Followed that up with an average run in a class 3 handicap, a little out of her league. 25/1 looks huge if she can stay the trip in this class.

Re: Newmarket (eve) - Friday 6th August

7.50 newm' date= chabal 6/4 i had this morning, this horse was thought of being a world beater,, must take all the beating ive had my maximum bet on this one £5k at 6/4 spread over 4 bookmakers nevison,, going all in
don't you make enough money from all your books and media work? :rollin

Re: Newmarket (eve) - Friday 6th August Great shout there Fin re. Faustina, was a reasonably easy place bet. Chris, great shout on Denton, you're on a great run mate. Looks like "Nevison" has been Nevisoned. I just hope no one is influenced by shite posts like that. I'm quite sure the real Nevison would have been on Rasaman instead.