Brighton - Friday 6th August

Brighton

Time Race Distance Entries (NR)
2:30 PM Tom Aldridge Is Never 70 Handicap 1m 1f 209yds 7 (0)
3:00 PM Grace Of Brighton Maiden Handicap 6f 209yds 10 (0)
3:30 PM Tarpan Vodka Selling Stakes 5f 213yds 8 (0)
4:00 PM Brighton & Hove City Cabs Brighton Rocket Handicap (for The Harry Bloom Memorial Trophy) 5f 213yds 7 (0)
4:30 PM Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer Handicap 5f 59yds 8 (0)
5:00 PM Grace Of Brighton Handicap 7f 214yds 5 (0)
5:30 PM Tarpan Vodka Handicap 1m 3f 196yds 8 (0)

Re: Brighton - Friday 6th August 5.00 Brighton Plutocraft has raced the least this season out of all these having only appeared 3 times. Despite not recording a win yet he has achieved 3 places from his 6 runs so far and the best of those was a 2nd place finish last time out. This trip, just short of 8 furlongs, suited when travelling well at Kempton first time out this term and it was no disgrace to finish 3rd behind a winning, well fancied favourite. Since that strong paced event the 2nd placed Advertisement has been fairly consistent. James Fanshawe trains this gelding and the fact he is sending one of his to Brighton is enough to make me sit up and take notice on its own. He has only sent 7 there in the last 5 seasons and 2 of those were winners so it is hardly something he does regularly. Also, over the last 4 years he has done well during every August. Striker rates of 22%, 11%, 19% and 15% are pretty decent and from his 3 runners this so far this month he has had a winner and that came yesterday at Yarmouth. Louisiana Gift would have interested me a bit more had he not pulled so hard in every one of his races. I think, despite the 2nd placed finish here previously, he suits a right handed track a lot better. This is hardly the strongest handicap so it is a good opportunity for Plutocraft to get off the mark and, despite the short(ish) price, i am happy to take the top weight here against the more exposed Dutiful and rarely straightforward Louisiana Gift. 0.5pt Win Plutocraft SP

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.