Glorious Goodwood (Day 4) - Friday 30th July

Re: Glorious Goodwood (Day 4) - Friday 30th July

210 SRI PUTRA I'm not at my work so don't have any inside info today regarding this one, but I do know that he was strongly fancied to spring a shock LTO, and almost caught Twice Over on the line. I was told to forget about his penultimate run, bad day at the office but he was working very well at the stables, and so it worked out. MJ doesn't play games, yes, Sri Putra is tackling the extra distance, but he shapes up to get the trip and was staying on very strongly at the finish in a group1 last time, dropping back steeply in grade from Group 1 to Group 3. On the breeding side, his dam has stamina genes. 2pts win 1pt place for me 240 TIDDLIWINKS / SEA OF LEAVES Both of these horses from stables I follow. In a 27 runner handicap it's very obviously a lottery so I tend to stick to perennial favs. Tiddliwinks has had a good year, progressing well through the winter AW and now carrying that form on after an early summer break. Stayed on well last week behind Hawkeyethenoo and I'm hoping for more of the same. Sea of leaves is firmly in the shadows of her stablemate just now but Jim Goldie still has high hopes for this one and, knowing how Jolly operates, SoL will be challenging for a place. Her form is a bit up and down, but with Fallon back on board today I'm hoping she's coming right. 0.5pts place on each selection.
Not a great day for me so far, 4pts staked and only 3.15pts returned for the two placed (1.9 for Sri Putra, 1.25 for Tiddliwinks). Later selections to come, hopefully get back into the black for the day.

Re: Glorious Goodwood (Day 4) - Friday 30th July 435 Diamond Geezah Improved once upped to 7f, been following him this season, hopefully good enough for at least a place, though the Cole horse looks strong. 1pt place 510 PUFF Was looking at previous winners, I'm looking for a horse that has won at least at grp 3 level, there are a few contenders, I'm going to go a bit against the grain and go for Beckett's horse Puff 1 pt Place 545 Perfect Blossom Kevin Ryan takes off what could be a crucial 5lbs by using Amy here, another horse I've been following this year, comes into the race in form, stepping up a bit, bit should go close 1pt place

2.45 A cracking contest with plenty of value to be had and with some bookies paying 5 places makes it even better. My two against the field are SEA OF LEAVES 33/1 BETFRED 1-5 backed it at York on Sat was slightly disappointing when well behind stable mate who Fallon was on he now takes over on this horse today and has 1st & 4th from the two rides and i think she will run a big race here. My second horse is JOSEPH HENRY 40/1 BETFRED 1-5 Dandy Nicholls has plenty of runners in this but ill take a chance with this boy who has gone well in this before and is starting to show a bit of form of late.
Unbelievable tipping Ted, didn't you get a 33/1 winner in the last race last night too? Well done mate

435 Diamond Geezah Improved once upped to 7f, been following him this season, hopefully good enough for at least a place, though the Cole horse looks strong. 1pt place 510 PUFF Was looking at previous winners, I'm looking for a horse that has won at least at grp 3 level, there are a few contenders, I'm going to go a bit against the grain and go for Beckett's horse Puff 1 pt Place 545 Perfect Blossom Kevin Ryan takes off what could be a crucial 5lbs by using Amy here, another horse I've been following this year, comes into the race in form, stepping up a bit, bit should go close 1pt place
Ok, so I missed out again with Perfect Blossom winning, but 3pts on, 4.6pts returned from these three races, so back in a slight profit today, obviously I screwed up by being so bullish on Sri Putra earlier on.

I didnt take it as an offence mate. No worries. I have tried many a system , and spent many an hour studying only to lose my bolix every day. So i started to follow him and i have reaped the rewards on many an occasion. Have a good day mate :nana
Aidy, i have no issues with what you are saying and believe me, everyone on here has a way of picking thier horses out but your reasoning is solely to back whatever Newsboy tips or will you look at the race and decide whether you think it has a chance or not? I dont personally see the point of posting 6 horses which someone else has picked for you? Hope you understand my point as we like to keep it simple on here so everyone fits in, but also need to understand what makes everyone tick in terms of how they pick their horses out. I used to read through the RFO each week and admit i posted a few on here but still made a case for the horse in question. :ok