Athletics: European Championships 27 July - 1 Aug

Re: Athletics: European Championships 27 July - 1 Aug

A.Bekele to win Womens 5000m, 3pts @ 3/1 Bet365 3 Turks in the final and Abeylegesse is the fav, having taken the 10,000m earlier in the week. Bekele's main rivals here are her teammate and the Portuguese athlete Jessica Augusto. However, both of those might be feeling the effects off their 10,000m exertions so I'd prefer the fresher Bekele. Is pretty quick too, accomplished at shorter distances and I feel she may just have the finishing kick to take this.
:clap:clap:clap Great shout, i logged on too late to follow any other choices, but liked your reasoning about this girl and followed. cheers, top shout!

:clap:clap:clap Great shout, i logged on too late to follow any other choices, but liked your reasoning about this girl and followed. cheers, top shout!
Cheers mate. Won easy in the end but the other 2 bets disappointed massively, both 4th. Minor profit on the night.

Very good shout with that mate. GB were done up by a 40/1 shot in the relay to round off a pathetic week of betting for me on the whole.
To be fair mate, there's been some ridiculous performances this week. How can the 4x400 not be fought out by us & Belgium, the 4x100 womens be won by Ukraine, Baddeley & Lancashire run such poor tactical races, the odds on fav in the womens 1500 fade into 6th, etc, etc???? Strange week but one which I certainly enjoyed watching. ....and how lovely is Jessica Ennis? She gets better & better every time I see her:)

Re: Athletics: European Championships 27 July - 1 Aug Certainly has mate. I've enjoyed it too. Should be a cracking Diamond League meet on Friday with the big 3 going head to head in the 100m. She does indeed. I'm off to the Diamond League meeting at Crystal Palace in 2 weeks time. I'll let you know if she looks any better in the flesh ;).

Re: Athletics: European Championships 27 July - 1 Aug Athletics is a tough sport to bet on. Most of the faves do win, especially the odds on faves, and then when you try and find a decent price with some value it does not really come off :D Maybe in the Olympics I will just do an acca with 4 or 5 obvious faves. As for good looking athletes. I liked the Irish 100m Hurdler who come second :ok