Athletics: European Championships 27 July - 1 Aug

Re: Athletics: European Championships 27 July - 1 Aug One overall outright bet for me before this begins. 5pts Total GB & NI Gold Medals - Over 7.5 5/6 William Hill I think this line is pretty low. The GB coach is aiming for "8-10 gold medals" from this event and looking down the cast list I think we've every chance of fulfilling that target. We've as good as got a guaranteed gold in the mens 10,000m with the two Brits so far clear of anyone else this season and then there's the relays which we usually nail in the Euro's. Dwain Chambers, Philips Idowu, Martyn Rooney, Jenny Meadows and Andy Turner are all big gold medal hopes for GB and that's without mentioning Mo Farah in the 5000m, Laura Turner in the womens 100m and Michael Rimmer in the mens 800m. Then there's the biggest gold medal hope of them all in Jessica Ennis who really should dominate the heptathlon. Sure some of the GB gold hopes won't quite land the big one but some who aren't as well regarded will step up as is always the case. I think we've 10-12 genuine gold medal hopes and so I'm confident we can land at least 8 golds in Barcelona this week.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.