BBOTD - Saturday 24th July

Post from rdeacon, you are welcome to start the thread yourself deacon in the future incase you did not know. :ok

Hi Guys Could someone put this in the best bet of the day thread for me when it is up please, I am out for the rest of the day ! 3.50 Ascot - Al Muheer .5 pt ew at 33/1 STan James BOG I've banged on a fair bit about horses for courses on here of late and it has been paying off well. Today i'm hoping to hit the jackpot. Al Muheer was a shock 40/1 winner of this race last year and hasn't won since. That was off a mark of 2lb less, so he should be there or there abouts today. As I said though, he hasn't won since. His next run was a group 2 though ! and then he ended the season in another hot £90k handicap. This season he started in Meydan where he didn't do much, and then was a decent 4th in a Lingfield handicap. Since then, this son of Diktat has been running ok whilst slipping down the weights. However, one of the main reasons for this tip is that since his latest run in a hot handicap at Sandown he has moved stables. He is now with "sprint king" David Nicholls who knows how to win races of this nature. Horses, like humans often like a change of scenary. It is a totally different training regime, different people caring for him, different feed, and a different routine altogether. It will either be the making of a horse, or he will draw stumps and not be enjoying himself. I have known Nicholls to really transform other people's cast offs and the fact that he is now in care of the horse, won this race last year and has twice been second in other races at Ascot means that it is a decent bet. Cheers

Re: BBOTD - Saturday 24th July King George I expect Workforce to win and by about 4.30pm tomorrow Evens could look like a gift but if we are looking for value I may have found it at Paddy Power. They are offering 13-2 for Daryakana in a without the fav market. I would lay Harbinger all day long and although it has been impressive I don't think the form is the strongest and this Group 1 may be a step too far, it may look fantastic at Grp 2 level but how will it fare with the best? Youmzain has some top class form but always seems to find one too good and at his age is vulnerable to these top class 3 year olds. Hughes seems confident he can go close but I'm not sure. Cape Blanco beat Workforce at York but that was a race full of problems for Workforce and I'd expect that form to be reversed today. Cape Blanco flopped in France but then won the Irish Derby but there are question marks over the strength of that form too. Confront is nothing more than a pacemaker in a small field and will probably set a good gallop and fade away. Daryakana won its first 5 races, including a Grp 1 in Sha Tin and has been running on strongly at the end of its races, winning on good, gd-sft and soft ground. 3rd last time out in a Grp 1 race but only by a head and I feel this could end up being the main danger to Workforce. Selection: Daryakana 13-2 in the w/o fav market Paddy Power

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.