Chepstow (eve) - Friday 23rd July

Chepstow

Time Race Distance Entries (NR)
6:20 PM Chairman's Reserve Fine Rum Maiden Auction Stakes 6f 16yds 10 (0)
6:50 PM European Breeders' Fund Fillies' Handicap 7f 16yds 14 (1)
7:20 PM Lindley Catering Handicap 7f 16yds 16 (2)
7:50 PM Sunshine Radio Handicap 5f 16yds 11 (0)
8:20 PM Wyvern Ices Handicap 1m 4f 23yds 17 (0)
8:55 PM digibet.com Handicap 2m 49yds 14 (1)

Re: Chepstow (eve) - Friday 23rd July 7.50 - Spic 'n Span - 16/1 VC Recent form on this one isnt great but there's a few reasons to make me think this one might run a big race tonight. Firstly, i could be wrong with it being this horse, but i seem to remember Ron Harris saying before his run lto that if he ran poorly he would be kept away till the winter yet is running again here today being tried over ground with cut for only the third time. Now his run lto seemed to be the norm for this horse, led and travelled well but found little when asked. However, all his recent runs have been on ground from good to good to firm, he's yet to win on turf only ever having 2 runs on ground with cut, finishing 2nd and 6th of 12 on those starts. 4 of this horses 5 wins have been at Southwell which suggests to me that he may fair better on turf over these conditions. Jim Crowley is yet to ride for this stable this flat season, which could mean nothing but is a positive booking by Ron Harris. As said before this one likes to lead, the only other recognised front runner in the field is Tenancy, who i think has got a squeak, but hasnt won since 2008 and has been running over further lately. Not sure where they'll run over today conditions but recently the stand side rail has been the place to be at Chepstow. With the stalls being in the middle and this one draw at 6 he would have to shift a long way over to get the rail but it could pay if he did. He's well handicapped on his a.w form and the company today isnt very strong. A lot of ifs, buts and maybes with this selection and if ran a shocker it would be no surprise but i quite fancy him and think he'll go well.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.